Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
chpsk8er630 said:
i use yamalube 20w 40, has been working good.
Same for me. I am about to do my second oil change with 15.7 hours on it. -Keith

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have been using Yamalube 4R 20-50 semi-synthetic for a few months now. It has really made a difference in the way my 660 shifts. I have not noticed any difference in shifting on my 700 but it does seem to run smoother. I am sure most of that is in my crazy mind though. :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have used mobil 1 full synthetic i think 10-30.... it has been good...

Should i use yamaha????? or anything thicker???

·
Registered
59 Posts
In the drag Raptor I used 2qts of yamalube and topped off with lucas oil stabilizer.....in the 700 I'm going to use bel ray thumper semi sythentic oil(2qts) and if I have to top off for full I'm going to again use the lucas oil stabilizer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I use yamalube 20/40. I have been told to stay away from full synthetics until motor has about 75 hours or so on it, seems they think the synthetic is too slick to seat the bearings and rings etc. Whatever oil you run should be a motor cycle oil they have the additives to make the wet clutch live longer and function properly. Although I have had friends that ran regular car oil with no trouble, just not recommended.

·
Registered
100 Posts
AMS OIL 10W-40

·
Registered
42 Posts
I prefer the Royal Purple 10W 30. It's a bit more expensive ($7.25) but I like to stick to one brand. On my vehicles, I run Mobile 1 and have been really happy with those.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Currently I'm using Castrol 20w50 oil until I get over 30 hours on my new rappy. Once there, I'll be switching to Mobil 1 10w30.

Here is a link for "vast" information concerning oil for your vehicles and such...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

I have been using castrol gtx 10w 40 in all my sport quads for years without issues! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts