Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my banshee and the paddles were part of the deal. I have some Skat Trak edges 18x10x9, 10 paddle so I put those on my Raptor for next weekends tirp to Glamis dunes. They look kind of small but having not run the Raptor in the dunes yet I am not sure how they will do. I am sure they will get me where I want to go but I am curious what other people run.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Stock/piped bike?

20" is the standard for play, larger for modified bikes, hillshooters and drags.

I don't believe I've ever seen 18" paddles on a machine over 300cc. My guess is you'll spin them pretty fast and will get stuck a lot more than you would with something taller. That said, they'll move you faster than oem tires with the right gearing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maddog56 said:
Stock/piped bike?

20" is the standard for play, larger for modified bikes, hillshooters and drags.

I don't believe I've ever seen 18" paddles on a machine over 300cc. My guess is you'll spin them pretty fast and will get stuck a lot more than you would with something taller. That said, they'll move you faster than oem tires with the right gearing.
Bike is stock except for a smaller sprocket up front and a larger in the rear. I thought they were small but wanted to get a Raptor riders opinion. My Banshee had 22's and it was "built". I will try them this time and get new for the next trip...thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
You'll want a taller gear ratio, probably stock gearing or even taller, to run those paddles. With what you have you'll spin the tires very easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.