Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy i gotta 2004 raptor 660 with pro circuit exhaust and open air box recently i posted bout my crankshaft. and the guys on here told me most likeley the bearing in the crankshaft and blah. so if its the crankshaft (dont no for shure havent had time to tear into it) which crankshafft would u go with and sence its a 04 i just bought a couple months from somebody didnt tell me if the top end had ever been rebuilt so u guys think like by a whole kit like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HotR...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5645b4f0c2 if not can somebody steer me in the right direction and i forgot to mention i heard the timeing chain like slapping before the crankshaft went

·
Registered
87 Posts
Holy crap, if that conversation would have been in real life you would be out of breath! Please punctuate and take your time when you post... it makes it more appealing to read and respond to...

In regards to your question, you are basically asking what type of Crankshaft you should buy? Why not just replace what needs to be replaced with stock parts? If you are building it, that's another question.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Holy crap, if that conversation would have been in real life you would be out of breath! Please punctuate and take your time when you post... it makes it more appealing to read and respond to...

In regards to your question, you are basically asking what type of Crankshaft you should buy? Why not just replace what needs to be replaced with stock parts? If you are building it, that's another question.
^Because a stock 660 rod is very bad and known to break easy unlike the 700's. As to the OP the Hot rods crank is a good setup with the 11:1 but might wanna check and see if you need to bore your cylinder as a 100mm is the stock bore and you might need a 101mm or 102mm bore.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i gotta question if i wantted to go to like a big bore i think its 686 what all would i need to change on my rappy iif i did that?

·
Registered
87 Posts
^Because a stock 660 rod is very bad and known to break easy unlike the 700's. As to the OP the Hot rods crank is a good setup with the 11:1 but might wanna check and see if you need to bore your cylinder as a 100mm is the stock bore and you might need a 101mm or 102mm bore.
^

Touche'. I know more about the 700, not as much for the 660. I answered due to the fact that I've heard of many people using their stock crank with an 11:1 setup that runs pump gas.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im really trying to weigh some options i wanna make faster but dont wanna spend a fortune on it so is 11:1 good or should i try get higher? and what all do i need to do to my rappy if i wass to do big bore 686 anything like major?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
get the vitos BB kit..

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Mad Dog posted this in another thread and this would kind apply to you with varying builds.

Cheap: Hotrods oem replacement crank, sub 102mm 9.9:1 wiseco or the cheap JE model, stock top end with a stage 1 cam.

Less cheap stock stroke: Hotrods oem replacement crank, 101-102mm 11:1 piston, HD valve springs, stage 2 hotcam.

Cheap stroker: Hotrods 719/720 kit, HD valve springs, Stage 3 Hotcam

A good pipe will help with these, but if you're already running a full aftermarket system then the money is better spent where you need it, in the engine. Next step on the latter 2 builds would be porting.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
i gotta question if i wantted to go to like a big bore i think its 686 what all would i need to change on my rappy iif i did that?
you'd have to buy a 686 piston, bore the cylinder and add a hot rods rod.... and jetting of course

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.