Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plans to get a 15t sprocket and was wondering if the rear sprocket needed to be modified or should I stay with the stock size. Also i would like to replace the chain what is the best chain i can use.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nope...You dont need a different rear sprocket (unless you want an even different gearing change). The stock chain will also work with the 15t...again, unless you want to upgrade for some reason. The stock chain is plenty strong enough.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but when does the chain need replaced

·
Registered
584 Posts
Im running the stock rear with 15 front and use the stock chain. The chain will show grooves where the sprocket contacts it or the orings start to degrade when its worn.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Im running the stock rear with 15 front and use the stock chain. The chain will show grooves where the sprocket contacts it or the orings start to degrade when its worn.
I am also running the stock rear with the 15 front with the stock chain, made a big differance with the 3 mods :thumbsup: have no plans to change the rear.

·
Registered
965 Posts
proarmor700r said:
thanks but when does the chain need replaced
Obviously, it will need to be changed if you go with a longer swing arm.  But it can also need to be changed if the roll pins get severely worn, rusted up, the o-rings fail, and in most cases...when it is stretched beyond what the chain adjustment will allow for.  Chain AND sprockets should be replaced at the same time. They get certian wear patters (like a fingerprint), and if you replace the chain without doing the sprockets, it will wear them out much quicker. Visa Versa with new sprockets and an old chain.

However, it shouldnt be really noticeable on a new machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts