Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know yfz 450 shocks will work and that is a common upgrade, but what other shocks (upgraded) will work? Would the front fox shocks off of a polaris predator work? Just wondering what is the best front shock choice for the money and what options are there? Other makes, models, swapping? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I had looked into the shocks off an LTZ 450. I am pretty sure they would work but never actually got them. The reservoirs come off perpendicular to the shock instead of being parallel.

·
Master of the Electron
15,656 Posts
The YFZ's work great. For anything better, I'd be looking aftermarket.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
700 resi's work Josh @ wiigstyle could hook you up with complete rebuild if don't wanna spend aftermarket money.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
There is a marked difference between what will "work" and what will bolt up.

While some of them may bolt up, many of the other company's shocks, like the hondas and the suzukis, are considerably longer than the 660 which can have adverse effects on handling and cause the suspension to bind.

On the other end of the spectrum, while Yamaha Banshee shocks bolt up and lower the quad they cause a loss in suspension travel and will leave the rear end feeling as though it's a mile in the air.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
The best way I've found to get some of the info like this is find a set on ebay that you think you would actually buy. Ask the seller to measure them. I don't know if I would do that unless I was actually serious about buying them though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've been looking into KFX450 shocks. Seems like I came across something that said they were the best 'stock' shock of all the 450's. They cost just as much as the YFZ shocks, so I guess it would mostly be whatever you could get your hands on for the best deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts