Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've rode carbureted bikes all my life and never had a bike that's really fast like I've been looking for, just recently picked up a 2018 Raptor 700r and all it has is a tusk clutch, and a K&N Filter with my air box lid taken off. I would like to start with simple things such as programmer and exhaust but also do some internal upgrades and make it a very fast but reliable bike. So my question here is what should I start with and what do I need to build the bike I want?

Also want to shave my fenders so drop some pictures of your raptors with shaved fenders.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Also want to shave my fenders so drop some pictures of your raptors with shaved fenders.
Idk, maybe its cause my raptor is an older model, but my fenders have never been very hairy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
You should put the airbox lid back on until you get an air/fuel map to compensate for it.
All efi machines are factory lean for emmisions. Now, with no lid, and a K&N air filter, it's even leaner.
It may run fine, hence the old saying " leaner is meaner", but it's shortening the engine life.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Start with a power commander 5 or dynatek fusion and a monster exhaust. That will make a big difference initially and set up anything you decide to do further. May want to trade out your adapter intake for a fuel customs as well.
After that, a hotcam 3 and +3mm bore throttle body are a big jump in horsepower for little cost.
After that, you have to decide how much more increase you want in order to choose the best path to take.

Reactions: J-Rock1229

·
Registered
47 Posts
It really depends on what kind of riding you do trial in mt track trials sand dunes. For me I mainly do mt trials and sand dunes so I only did the pc fc the reason I only did the pc fc because pcv is for high performance racing yes it is little better then the pc fc but I ain't using the quick shifter or autotune so the fc works good for me pro design foam filter with big gun slip on exhaust with lid off is what I have on my 2019 se some times go out to the dunes but that's just 3 times a yr I was going to get hot cams 3 but I would never see that gain doing the kind of riding I do I'm soon going to monster full exhaust but that's in the future hope this helps you

·
Registered
906 Posts
It really depends on what kind of riding you do trial in mt track trials sand dunes. For me I mainly do mt trials and sand dunes so I only did the pc fc the reason I only did the pc fc because pcv is for high performance racing yes it is little better then the pc fc but I ain't using the quick shifter or autotune so the fc works good for me pro design foam filter with big gun slip on exhaust with lid off is what I have on my 2019 se some times go out to the dunes but that's just 3 times a yr I was going to get hot cams 3 but I would never see that gain doing the kind of riding I do I'm soon going to monster full exhaust but that's in the future hope this helps you
You would definitely see the gain... I only ride wooded trails and my +2 head w/ 5050, duals etc really put the power down. Way more fun to ride than my long travel Raptor with 11:1 and HC2. See my sig for details.
Sometimes we say we don’t need more power, but then you have and there’s no looking back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nah if you saw what I ride in you would understand hot cams really only give top end power from mid rpm to high the trials I ride have pll coming the other way in side by sides trucks etc and your sight is limited yes I know it sucks but I love mother nature and the smell of forest 😍 but by the time I hit high rpm is I need to slow down or shift up its either do the cams and fly around turns have a chance in sliding off the road down into trees or hitting someone head on yes it would be great for the dunes but that's it why waste money for something I'm hardly going to use

·
Registered
906 Posts
I’m telling you man, i know it looks like that on paper, but in reality it’s much different. I too ride trails full of SxS and dirtbikes and trucks. I also own SxS too so I get it. Here in NorCal I have every type of terrain you could imagine less than 4 hours in any direction. Except dunes I suppose. Still haven’t been to those.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
906 Posts
I mean, I respect your opinion brother. Don’t get me wrong here. We all have a preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts