Raptor Forum banner

What Kit should I get? Whats Going to be perfect for Bang for Buck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a 21 weight about 165-170 and Im having a hard time decieding what I want. I do alot of trail ridding/rough, and the track. and I launch my beast every chance I get, The biggest just I hit is about 30-40 feet, 50 if im pushing it. The thing that wories me is if i get the hds im worring since its a single rate spring im going to be bottoming it out. Another thing is if I go with elka elites not only is it triple rate spring and its also the cadilac of shocks, it also will break the bank account on the front end alone. I am into the HDs but my buddy says they are bad news, since its a single rate spring. One thing with the Houser is i like the arms long travel with the 2 1/2 wide and I like the elite, so if I get alot of negative response to the HD's Im prolly going to end up with the Houser Setup.
This is why I m asking you guys what would be the best bang for my buck.

Thank You for Voting,

P.S. Giving you 2 vote max, make them count, Thanks Again.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well the first thing to remember is Long Travel does not have more ACTUAL wheel travel then standard travel. The Long Travel will have more shaft travel, but not more wheel travel. The triple and dual rates are better then the single rate, but HD has done their homework. Their valving combined with the spring rates they use will have your bike ridding just the way you want it and for the price you cannot go wrong. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend. I can get you the i-5500 for alot less then you are going to spend on the elka house setup. The i-5500 kit will come with $100.00 extended steel braided brake lines, 4 billet brake line clamps and the shocks have compression and rebound adjustments.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks guys. Anyone read the newest QUAD Mag.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah they did a hop up for a 700 and included that ishock kit. They said it was really nice, but lacked triple rate springs for a more racier style.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RAD700R said:
Yeah they did a hop up for a 700 and included that ishock kit. They said it was really nice, but lacked triple rate springs for a more racier style.
Yeah I know that was down fall to the kit was the lack of the tripple rate spring. But of than that they said it was an all around good buy for the price and what all come with the kit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Slightly off topic here but...If you are wanting bang for the buck, take a look at long travel ASR A-arms with TCS shocks. I did it and I love it. I saved serious coin and feel like the suspension is top notch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
spend the money now and get what you want, whatever it is, don't settle, i made that mistake, did full flight +2, liked them but it is not what i wanted, now have stepped up to lsr +3 +1 arms with elka quad rate long travel shocks and absolutly love it, the quad handles so much better and lands like a dream. also added the gibson steering stabilizer (another settle), will be upgrading to the elka system 5 shortly

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I would like to get the houser with elka elite, but the only problem is I can't find anywhere that sells them as a kit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i got the hd kit, i got a deal on it so i didnt pass it up. i am a welder, and i respect the fact that hd tests their welds on their arms. i know that i can have peace of mind knowing that when im flying through the desert my arm isnt gonna fall off. some of these other companies dont have thier welds tested. hd warranties their arms and their shocks which i also like. they will also revalve the shocks for life(easy for me im in san diego, and so is hd.) i unfortunately havent ridden them yet but i am this weekend and i will let you know what i think.
.02$

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
san-d-eggo said:
i got the hd kit, i got a deal on it so i didnt pass it up. i am a welder, and i respect the fact that hd tests their welds on their arms. i know that i can have peace of mind knowing that when im flying through the desert my arm isnt gonna fall off. some of these other companies dont have thier welds tested. hd warranties their arms and their shocks which i also like. they will also revalve the shocks for life(easy for me im in san diego, and so is hd.) i unfortunately havent ridden them yet but i am this weekend and i will let you know what i think.
.02$
OKay thanks chief, Yeah I like the HDs alot and I can get a hell of a deal fo them, plus I will have some money left over to be able to get a new axle to. Yeah i need something new before this sprig becasue I m sick of bottoming out all the time and so fed up with stock that I already have most of the shit tore out of my wheeler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts