Raptor Forum banner

What should i get?

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Quad4life 
#1 ·
So guys im 14 years old 6,3 and 220 pounds. My buddy has a yfz 450 i want a quad that can beat him what would you guys prefer?

#4 ·
If you only want to beat him, then get a 450. If you want to get a bike to fit your height and future growth then get the 700. BUT, you may need to do some mods too make the 700 faster.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

#9 · (Edited)
I was 14 maybe 100lbs.. and after a few months on my warrior 22hp just was not enough...I'm 140lbs/25 now with around a 45hp 660 and its not enough power lol.

Crashing a big heavy 4x4 can be just as dangerous as crashing a yfz450 or a raptor 350,660,700.. especially at the same speed. IMO..... now learning to drive a clutch on a yfz 450 or big bore raptor can be dangerous.

#10 ·
If dad says so, your stuck. Is he paying for it? Wait until you're 18, and have a job so you can get what you want.

#11 ·
I agree... he is the one who decides if you can get it, I can't blame him if you have never had a atv with a manual clutch.. a 350 would be good for you to learn a clutch on... I wanted a 660 to when I was 14 lol...

#12 ·
I got my 660 in 2002 at age 13 in lieu of the 8th grade field trip to DC. Previous bike was a blaster. I had absolutely no trouble going to the bigger bike, it was actually easier to ride. A big 4x4 is much more dangerous than any sport bike, IMO. Very heavy and handle terribly. A raptor 350/warrior IS too small for you.

#16 ·
At 14 you are definitely a ble to ride a 700. The thing is, your dad is concerned and righfully so. Even adults do stupid things on big quads and he is just looking out for you. Sure you can understand but it is also difficult to accept. He is not unfair, although it may seem that way.

Best advice at this stage i can give you is take what you can get, make peace with it and enjoy it. Whatever your dad gets you, take great care of it, respect it, always ride safe with riding gear. Once you have proven to him in a years time that you are mature enough to enjoy things responsibly, he might see that you are ready for a 700.

The good things in life are worth working for and nothing comes your way over night. Many times it takes a lot of hard work, time and effort to prove your worth.

It is not what you can ride. It is how you act in general about it.

#17 ·
If you dad says you need a 350, tell him that a banshee is a 350. you'll beat him no problem!

but yeah a 700 would fit you a lot better then a 450.

#18 ·
I forgot about the Banshee! lol :D

Good one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.