Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what size haulers i should run on my 660.

i just bought some 21x12x8 haulers 8 paddle for cheap. will those be too much for this?

i have full white bros pipe, jetted, and dual filters with no airbox at all (box and lid are removed just 2 filters there).

Also just put a 12 tooth front sprocket

i just bought some 21x12x8 haulers 8 paddle for cheap. will those be too much for this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should run those just fine.
sweet!! i got them for 45 bucks for both with rims! couldnt pass up that price.. !! and they are pretty much brand new. no chunks missing or anything like that.

Looks like thats what i'll be running this weekend in Glamis!!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I don't think they will work for yours....... So you should sell them to me cheap;) J/K That is a good deal. I'm trying to get some but can't seem to find what I want, but I'm not sure what I want lol. My friend has a set of haulers on 9in rims and thats what I want but he won't sell them and I don't think they make them anymore.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I personally like 22's, but you'll have no problem turning those. Great tire for your application, especially for that STEAL of a price !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats almost the perfect tire. Just don't tell your Rappy. It may just think your getting cheap on him lol...Enjoy

TORKER.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My buddy and I have done alot of hill shooting and tire testing at glamis with raptor 700's(and everything else we could get our hands on) and we think that 8 paddle is too much. We rounded up about 10 different sets of paddles and headed out to glamis. He likes the 6 paddle the best, he can carry a gear higher up olds but slower out of the hole. I like and think the 7 paddle is the best hill shooter, good out of the hole and still can turn them fast enough. For the price you can't go wrong. They will still work great, just not the best up the hill. I have a set of 8 paddles haulers that I ran for 3 years on my 700, not the fastest on the hill but I loved them out in the dunes. With the torque of the raptor it was like a tractor, it would just chug its way through or over anything.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Mods (hp/tq), sand condition, rider weight, swinger length, and riding type will all have an effect on what paddles will work best for you. Don't tailor your paddle choice to match your gearing - play with your gearing to match your paddles (if you don't have multiple sets).

Obviously- for different situations, different tires will be better suited, but as far as finding an all around tire that works well all around, you've got a good one. :beer:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ride mostly thru the dunes but i do love to shoot the hill and the drags.

I also have a chance to come up on some 9" rims with Haulers, might go with those instead. trying to find out the tire size right now for the 9" rims.

Or just stay with my 8" wheels and haulers..

Not sure but i guess i'll post up and see what everyone thinks once i find out the sizes of the 9" haulers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like to ride and drag but riding thru the dunes is what I care about most. After all the paddle testing I have done I run 8 paddle sand sharks on 10 inch wheels. They are not the best tire for hill shooting or draging (really heavy) but they are good in the bowls, good at sliding, cheap, tough and they don't throw very much sand. I have ridden with a few groups that don't like to ride with people that run any kind of haulers, they tend to throw a mist of sand up, I stopped running haulers to be courteous to people riding behind me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts