Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to buy a set of haulers for my bike
But not too sure on a size. My build is a 686 11:1 with stage 2 cam, 39mm fcrs, monster duals, 12/42 gearing, +4 swingarm, extended arms and axle. I'm lookin to drag. I will be runnin 8 inch rim. What size tire and how many paddle should I run thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I don't know the CA spots in terms of sand type and the length of the drag. Hillshooters are going to tell you to go lighter on paddle count than flat drag guys, but the longer the drag the more the paddle count can slow you up if you go too high.

I'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of a 22" 8 paddle, but hopefully others will drop in with some more knowledgeable and site specific suggestions.

Where do you do most of your riding? How long are the drags there? Going to do any hill shooting?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the CA spots in terms of sand type and the length of the drag. Hillshooters are going to tell you to go lighter on paddle count than flat drag guys, but the longer the drag the more the paddle count can slow you up if you go too high.

I'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of a 22" 8 paddle, but hopefully others will drop in with some more knowledgeable and site specific suggestions.

Where do you do most of your riding? How long are the drags there? Going to do any hill shooting?[/
QUOTE]

I ride pismo beach in ca and sand mountain,nv . Drags are prob 4-500 feet not much uphill at pismo and sand mountain in about 600 feet hill shoot

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, think about it the less paddle you have the less traction and bite you get right?
So the more paddles the more bite to the sand but you don't want to go overboard...

10 paddles will be perfect... I used to have 8 paddles on my rappy till went into 10 paddles and it does make a different...better bite in the sand!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, think about it the less paddle you have the less traction and bite you get right?
So the more paddles the more bite to the sand but you don't want to go overboard...

10 paddles will be perfect... I used to have 8 paddles on my rappy till went into 10 paddles and it does make a different...better bite in the sand!!

Yeah that does make sense I kinda thought the more paddle more power u need to push all those paddles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run 22" 10 paddle haulers on my 686 and it makes it an absolute dog with stock gearing...just a heads up
I can imagine but I'm geared 1 down in the front and up 2 in the back. Do 10 paddle slow you down or are they fast? I've heard mixed feelings about getting 8 paddle or 10 paddle on 22's saying lower paddle is better but then heard the opposite? I'm trying to get as much help as I can get about both sides?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just looking to buy a set of haulers for my bike
But not too sure on a size. My build is a 686 11:1 with stage 2 cam, 39mm fcrs, monster duals, 12/42 gearing, +4 swingarm, extended arms and axle. I'm lookin to drag. I will be runnin 8 inch rim. What size tire and how many paddle should I run thanks.
please DO NOT OVER PADDLE YOUR BIKE to many ppl make that mistake
I believe you should run a 10 paddle hauler or 9 paddle extreme

I'll throw out my paddle experience

Gearing for all theses were -1 up front
When bone stock I tryed a 8 paddle hauler and it suckd to much paddle
When big 3 I ran a 7 paddle extreme that was perfect tire for big 3
Right now were a +4hr,13:5.1,hc3, monsters,PD intake,
On the track 300' we run a 12 paddle hauler but when at the park playing were running a
10 paddle extreme as the races r 400-500'

If any questions let me know I've played around with a lot of paddle/tire sizes

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
please DO NOT OVER PADDLE YOUR BIKE to many ppl make that mistake
I believe you should run a 10 paddle hauler or 9 paddle extreme

I'll throw out my paddle experience

Gearing for all theses were -1 up front
When bone stock I tryed a 8 paddle hauler and it suckd to much paddle
When big 3 I ran a 7 paddle extreme that was perfect tire for big 3
Right now were a +4hr,13:5.1,hc3, monsters,PD intake,
On the track 300' we run a 12 paddle hauler but when at the park playing were running a
10 paddle extreme as the races r 400-500'

If any questions let me know I've played around with a lot of paddle/tire sizes
You think runnin a 22 inch 10 paddle hauler would be better on my setup than a 22 inch 8 paddle hauler? Why do you say that? I'm not too faliliar with differences in paddles.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yes a 10 paddle hauler not extreme your bike will like a lot more since your on the flats
Id only say the 8 paddle if your hillshooting

But a 8 paddle will be underpaddled from experience like I said I was running a 7 paddle extreme which is a 8 paddle hauler and it ran spot on with a big 3

Also a hauler will have a higher top speed then extremes

·
Registered
622 Posts
Also since u got the dragging fever you'll always wanna bump the cam n compression up n once you do that the 10 paddles will do just fine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts