Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sparkplug tool was gone when the quad was stolen and never change the plug before in it what size socket do i need or will i have to get the socket tool from dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
when i got mine i had to get a 18 mm deep wall socket on it and still use a slight extension.

·
Registered
32 Posts
same, use a sprocket with small 1" extenstion once plug is loose i use a magnet on a stick and fish it out.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
magz said:
same, use a sprocket with small 1" extenstion once plug is loose i use a magnet on a stick and fish it out.... :thumbsup:
5/16" or 1/4" gas line about 3" long slides over the porciline of the plug and you can pull it right out, also works for spinning it in with out cross threading.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Use the spark plug socket that came with it, I found it works the easist and it has rubber in it to pull the plug out 8)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good subject. Ran into the same problem and the tool that came with it could not get it out today. I tried everything and cant get the plug out....any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Oh sorry didnt see that, but arent spark plugs 5/8 :3question:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
others have said you can get a deepwall socket to get it out but i have not been able to fit any size down in the hole and get ahold of the plug. I found a rusted old sparkplug wrench from a old tool bag that i am pretty pos was not the raptor but for a 98 honda recon and that is what I use. I cant remember the size but the tool is much thinner than a socket. Maybe us who are trying to use sockets have the wrong brands are we are idoits but i just couldnt fit any socket to get the plug out i had to use the thin plug tool. Others have said they can or use sockets what brand and why am i unsable to fit any size socket maybe some of us just have a tad bit smaller hole maybe a small flaw not allowing us to use sockets?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts