Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had some confusion as to what size the rear wheel was on my 07 Raptor. Know that I know it's a 9 by 8 I need to decide what size tires and wheels to order. I'm buying a set of rims and tires for a Little Sahara dunes trip this spring. What advantages/disadvantages are there between a set of 9 by 8 rims with 20-11-9 tires and a set of 10 by 8 rims with 20-11-10 tires? Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't think a half-inch of sidewall is going to make a real noticeable diff, but the trade-off is between sidewall roll and rim protection. Still, it's not much difference. That's assuming you can get the tire you want in either size, if not that'll make the decision for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
For the dunes, I run Skat Trak Hauler 8 Paddles in 20-10-10 on Douglas black label .160" rims. I like to slide\drift, so the shorter sidewall the better for me. Theres not too many rocks in the sand, so im not worried about the rim getting hit.

Im going to order some ITP Sant star front tires in 21-7-10.

By running these size tires, im not altering the center of gravity. I dont want this bike any higher than it already is. My quad actually sits lower the way the suspension is setup.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you are doing a lot of woods / XC riding I would say the 9" rim would be better with a 20" tire, more rim protection and more cushion. However if you go to a 22" tire a 10" rim would get eqaul protection and give less roll cornering. If you buy cheaper rims than the rim protection might not matter but if you go with nicer rims, even though they are made to take a beating, it is nice to protect your investment.

Hope any of this helps. Just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts