Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just wanted to get some opinions on what size wheel spacers I should get and does brand really matter on that ? Should I go 1 inch in all 4 corners ?(+2 in front and back) or +4?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey guys. I just wanted to get some opinions on what size wheel spacers I should get and does brand really matter on that ? Should I go 1 inch in all 4 corners ?(+2 in front and back) or +4?
Go zero on the wheel spacers. Not a fan of them. You can get away with getting extended hubs for the rear and just spend a little money for +2 on the front..

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,583 Posts
I wouldn't go more then +1 on the front because of bump steer. And match the rear to the front. Always use solid spacers, not bolt extenders. As said, extended A-arms are better option to have correct steering geometry.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wouldn't go more then +1 on the front because of bump steer. And match the rear to the front. Always use solid spacers, not bolt extenders. As said, extended A-arms are better option to have correct steering geometry.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
Bump steer? Please explain

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,583 Posts
As said, GTS. Bump steer is when the front geometry will try to turn the front wheels even without turning the handlebars. It can cause the front end to dart in any direction and run off the trail. Extended a-arms won't do this and be +4 or +6 wider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts