Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has his YFZ and he is trying to make it a little faster. It has a +3mm stroker crank and DG exhaust. Not the best Exhaust but he already has it. I know he needs a piston as it has a ton of hours on it he is just trying to keep up a little better and realized that his YFZ needs some freshing up after this weekend. I got him talked into a Piston for right now. He don't have a big budget to work with. Can you bore YFZ cylinders or are they plated.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We did the cam mod back when he first got it, Still need to do the zip tie mod but now that I know he can't bore the cylinder I will have him start saving some more $$$:lol: Are the big bores worth it? If you have to buy a new cylinder anyway it seems like it wouldn't be a bad way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
After I got rejetted for my mods, it ran a good deal better...I don't have a low end bog (at least nothing perceptible) and I didn't do the zip tie thing. I asked the guy that helped me with it and he said he didn't bother cause it didn't make a difference once you sort out your jetting (at least down here).

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
12.5 piston, cam mod, used full exhaust (Sparks, DASA), FCI, re jet.

That would run you about $600 and you would have a fresh, strong build. That +3 crank will give her an extra ooomff too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.