Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 700 se,bad a$$! Why the heck are there 2 exhaust pipes coming out of 1 cylinder? Or am I just nuts?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I hope he's joking... :stickpoke:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Huffy just called and your 10 - speed is ready for pick up...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
onelunglow said:
I hope he's joking... :stickpoke:
:wtf: I hope so too :banghead: :chair:.. but just incase. It's called more than one exhaust port, meaning 2 exhaust valves...get it now???? :confused: :crazy:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't worry there just messing with you. Newbie be nice guys.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i had a guy ask me if mine was a twin cylinder once lol whats funny is he had 3 quads on his trailer all decked out for MX and he didn't even know what kind mine was... :lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
whats an exhaust valve? wait... where am i? who said that? whats a raptor? does 700 mean how heavy it is? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The YZF 450 Has 5 valves and looks to have only one exhust port?? Is it because the Raptor is a big bore?? Trying to let the newbi know we do care.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yeah sorry for bustin you balls. just playing around. but i do need to remember not everyone here is mechanically enclined. And this forum is for people to learn. sorry bernardo. to answer your question.. there are two pipes do the the exhaust valves..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys, guess i'm not as mechanically ENCLINED as some of the mechanical engineers on here. But I was serious, i've never seen duel pipes on a single cylinder or on any of my harley's, my nova,my 350 s10,my chevelle,my boat,my 1100 kawasaki or any other motor i've worked on.So maybe by hanging out on here I can become almost half as smart & as mechanically ENCLINED as you! Oh and so I dont forget PISS OFF!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like this guy

bernardo said:
Sorry guys, guess i'm not as mechanically ENCLINED as some of the mechanical engineers on here. But I was serious, i've never seen duel pipes on a single cylinder or on any of my harley's, my nova,my 350 s10,my chevelle,my boat,my 1100 kawasaki or any other motor i've worked on.So maybe by hanging out on here I can become almost half as smart & as mechanically ENCLINED as you! Oh and so I dont forget PISS OFF!

·
Registered
272 Posts
bernardo said:
I always heard it was better to be pissed off then pissed on.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
bernardo said:
Hey man it's cool. Welcome to the site and don't take anything to heart man, everyone on here mess with each other. Some people take things to heart and get pissed off, but we are all her for the same reason to have fun, learn and possibly give out some usfull information every now and then :thumbsup: :grin_nod:

Michael

·
Registered
262 Posts
Its nothing more then an old school head design. The 660 motor and the 400ex motor go weighs back YFZ 450 is a newer technology as is the Honda450R

·
Registered
209 Posts
Notice how none of the smart asses really answer the question?

There are larger dispalcement engines also with 4 valve heads that only have one pipe per cylinder. The only real reason I can imagine......Packaging? It's probably easier to fit two smaller diameter pipes than one big one.

The '81 Honda XL500 I rode when I was in high school also had two pipes for one cylinder.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That make since for there is only so much room to route the pipe. The raptor need to release it gasses.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Seriously Bernado, if you hang around a little longer.. This forum is actually very helpful.
Dont get to pissed off. Most of the time you will get a good answer sooner or later.
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Rappy !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts