Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to throw some new tires and rims on my 700. A lot of trail riding, racing occasionally but that's about it. The trails I ride through are a combination of soft and hard terrain. I hear a lot of ITP holeshots, maxis razzors, and dunlops. Looking for the best set of tires to grab. thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm NO Pro But from my experience The Dunlop KT335's weigh the least and provide good hookup on all terrains

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I've been running mudlite sp's for years now great tire

·
Registered
109 Posts
anyone ever run the ITP mudlite XTR radials? the smallest they come in is 26 i believe... i think im gonna get some this summer and try them in the mud. probably going to need to go to a 13t in the front to make up for the larger size tho.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
mudlites are awesome tires

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I run the mudlite SP they're made just for sport quads and only come in one size front and rear.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm a big fan or I-Razr and GBC X-Rex. Both hook great and wear on the GBC is amazing.

·
Registered
896 Posts
the I-Razr is a little bumpy and X-Rex are really good. At first they are a little choppy. But after a couple rids they roll very good

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks fever. I was wondering bout the mud lite sp's though ;) the xrex look good tome though! I just hate that cobblestone feeling some of these tires give off if you know what i mean. The 22 inch size is appealing in those xrexs, little more ground clearance n the price is awesome to! Anyone else have opinions?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I haven't noticed them riding poorly. They are an awesome tire and probably the only tire I'll buy henceforth. I run 20x11x9 I believe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put a set of X-rexs on my 700 Raptor about a month ago and went with 23's on the front and 22's on the rear.
I've put about 175 miles or a little more of rough and rocky trails with some nasty hill climbs and a little water and mud.
I am happy with them so far just trying to adjust to a taller and heavier tire.
I'm not sure if I would go with the taller tires if I was doing it again but it did make a huge difference in clearance at the swinger skid plate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts