Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have the 7hundo down and the exhaust off waiting for my LTE's to arrive :unsure:. until then I am boarded but I vowed not to spend another dime until after the end of the year (well nothing over $50)

So now that I have installed the Intake, PCIII (soldered), Grips, chassis skid (damn that DG Baja is THICK), had the valves adjusted, gaped the plug, installed the 450 front shocks, removed warning plates, oil & filter change, etc...what else should I do while I am down???

I am going to make air box elim kit for the dunes (our next outing) Come on guy's Ideas!!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Get laid. There is more to ride in life than a quad :thumbsup: Of course the wife fell asleep early so... :banghead:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pile0g00 said:
Get laid.  There is more to ride in life than a quad  :thumbsup: Of course the wife fell asleep early so...   :banghead:
lol, not a problem their either for I am not married :thumbsup:. The GF gets off WORK late (and again @ about 12-1am) and leaves me to about 8 hours a day for pleasuring myself in other ways with other forms of lube!

The open spot in the garage has the quad or I would be finishing my EFI 5.0 conversion in my 73 Bronco. I could wire the window switch in the SS so I can hit my 550 rw mark finally! or paint the inner fender wells of the 67 SS if my damn paint would arrive from Eastwood!!!!

Too may projects, not enough space!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There has to be something to keep me from driving up and grabbing a Stage I cam and breaking my oath to my checking account, besides I want to see how it is with the LTE's and intake first!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hallz said:
pile0g00 said:
Get laid. There is more to ride in life than a quad :thumbsup: Of course the wife fell asleep early so... :banghead:
lol, not a problem their either for I am not married :thumbsup:. The GF gets off WORK late (and again @ about 12-1am) and leaves me to about 8 hours a day for pleasuring myself in other ways with other forms of lube!

The open spot in the garage has the quad or I would be finishing my EFI 5.0 conversion in my 73 Bronco. I could wire the window switch in the SS so I can hit my 550 rw mark finally! or paint the inner fender wells of the 67 SS if my damn paint would arrive from Eastwood!!!!

Too may projects, not enough space!
Are you converting a carb 5.0 to EFI? If so, if you have some info on that PM it to me please. I have two late model mustangs for a project and was think I would just drop a crate motor in there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,....funny you should ask.

I actually took a low mileage 50k 95 5.0 and converted it back to 92 dizzy and got rid of the remote TFI and added a 98 explorer intake (cheap gt40).

The firing order of the HO (the cam valve event also) is different than a non HO. The cam is closer to the 351 ve's so if you use a non HO in with the HO computer and components there are some things you may need to do if you choose that route.

Things I would recommend are finding a 89-93 5.0 HO Donner or better yet if you are going to do it that way (with a new short block) get a factory ford roller short block, buy a harness like the RJM and get the other parts off Donner cars or new. Take note of the tranny you are going to use also. A AOD would be awesome in a project car, but if you are going to use a C4 or C6 be careful and make sure you get the correct flex plate (50 oz end balance) and it matches your converter.

They also make after market EFI fuel tanks so you don't have to use the pull/push type fuel system.

I could go on forever about all this, we are looking to do one for my girlfriend in the next few years and I may have a side job to convert a 65 here in the next 6 months.

A quick read and wealth of knowledge can be had at http://fordfuelinjection.com/ get familiar with the site it will save you so much time and money. Read up on the Bronco conversion it will be close to the same for your stang.

good luck!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Grab a strobelight, a jigsaw puzzle ...***May cause seizures*** but hey thats why its so fun..assemble jigsaw while staring at strobe.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
623 Posts
is your avatar pissing on a mustang cobra emblem? :3question:

just noticed that lol. ive wanted to piss on my cobra at times too

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
281pony said:
is your avatar pissing on a mustang cobra emblem? :3question:

just noticed that lol. ive wanted to piss on my cobra at times too
lol, kinda,...if I were to blow it up it's a NX bottle and yes a Cobra. I had the sticker made for the bottle in my SS (434rwhp before the 125 wet kit) :satan:. It was my retaliation to the 03 with a pulley or KB and exhaust!

·
Registered
623 Posts
heh, not all of them are just kb/whippled/pullied now.

theres some twin turbo ones lurking, :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
281pony said:
heh, not all of them are just kb/whippled/pullied now.

theres some twin turbo ones lurking, :)
Yeah,...I would usually never bother with TT LSx and Mod Fords. I mean why,...a lot are in the 700-1k range. Anything in or above the 600/600 range kicks my aSS usually anyway (or 550/550 with a real good driver).

There are some TT cars around here and they are pretty much king of the hill. UNLESS they can never hook up. I have embarrassed a couple due to traction issues and huge helping of luck.

Hell, I don't even drive the SS much do to the preasure, attention and harassment inconsiderate $h!tty ricers with limited or no driving skills (or common sense) bring by racing in residential and congested areas has caused! :mad: Man I miss they day a CHP would pull up and say "That sounds nice" and when the term "Street Racing" was done at 11pm- 5am in a isolated area (usually not even street light were around) and if the cops did show up you would usually hear something like "if your going to do it keep it were you can't hurt anyone else"

I blame it all in the Fast and the Furious movies!!!!

I keep telling myself NOT to put a shot on the 700, But man is it hard nitrous is just so easy and fun if you keep it to a limmit! After all, being EFI that is one reason I bought it. Heads, Cam, and Bolt on's with N20 kit have been the standard for all my toys. :crazy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
yea i hear you. i hate what those movies have done for the automotive culture.

thankfully my tt cobra is quiet, so i dont get too much attention. it is fun to play with street bikes though and see the expressions on their face.

im young though, so most people think im into the import shit. had nothing but mustangs since i was 16, 19 now. looking into an 07 z06 sometime though, or maybe a slightly older z06.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.