Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I dont know how or why but I caught the raptor bug, to be honest, ive never even seen one running. I asked my local dealer for a price quote (they only have the Blue) and the quote was 7139 out the door. Then I saw the GYTR on yamahas site and see she comes with a few extras such as the front bumper and the shocks. I also see the SE. Basically I want to know if this is a good price for the blue and hat would be a good price on the other models. I would really prefer the GYTR but am having trouble locating one. I would buy used and save a ton of cash but unsortunatly I only have about $1000 to put down on one and the rest has to be financed so I need to buy from the dealer.

As you can see this is my first post so Hi everybody!

My list of toys runs down like this:
2003 Yamaha YZ 250 (2-stroke)
2003 Yamaha R1
1990 Yamaha Banshee (lots of mods)
3 count them 3 Yamaha Tri-Z 250's (one 86 and 2 85's)
1970 Chevelle SS (in restoration)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
hi, welcome to the forum.

i am a owner of a SE and i paid $8500 OTD i have heard many getting theirs alot cheaper than this though. i really like my rappy and i would recommend this model to anyone. if you are thinking of buying a used one to save money just go to the bank and take a loan with your $1000 down. i financed mine through my bank. because most dealerships say like $89 per month but if you dont pay it off in 2 years they jack up the intrest like crazy. well just a couple ideas for you. good luck getting a rappy in the near furture. when you get one put pics up we like pics on here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
warren said:

i am a owner of a SE and i paid $8500 OTD i have heard many getting theirs alot cheaper than this though. i really like my rappy and i would recommend this model to anyone. if you are thinking of buying a used one to save money just go to the bank and take a loan with your $1000 down. i financed mine through my bank. because most dealerships say like $89 per month but if you dont pay it off in 2 years they jack up the intrest like crazy. well just a couple ideas for you. good luck getting a rappy in the near furture. when you get one put pics up we like pics on here. :thumbsup:
Yeah, Ive used the Yammy Card before (for the R1) It gave me incentive to pay it off early. I just kinda really want to make it an easy deal, walk in buy and walk out rather then go through the bank. And I would rather buy new then used, but for the prices I've seen for some of the used ones you cant help but want to pick one up.

I called the dealer I bought my R1 from (out of state) and they quoted me 63?? for a white one... then i started lookin around the yamaha site and saw the GYTR so I started thinking they were talking about that one and I was all for that at that price, but then I called again for specifics and he said it was just white, not the GYTR. So im thinking it is the grey one because the only white one I see is the GYTR. 63?? seems like a good deal, but that is without tax so If I wanted to regester it I would have to pay tax up here which would come out to almost what I can but it for here anyhow. I really need to get some #'s of more dealerships in NY here to get some quotes from

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There is a deal on a '07 GYTR in the for-sale forum:

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=15169.0

Of course if you are no where near Glendale, AZ it doesn't help ;).

I think you'll find that the mid-West has is cheap for ATVs. Here in Phoenix we seem to pay top dollar. I paid $8200 out the door for my GYTR. In California, OTDMotorsports was as good of a price as I found if I didnt' mind the drive out West.

Shawn

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think I was $7,299 OTD (including 7.75% Sales tax, Tire recycle fee, doc fee, etc.) This was for the Blue SE (Is this what guys are calling the SE2???)

They were $7.099 early this year but, some incentive from Yammy expired.

I got mine from OTD Motorsports. . . They just moved into the area and they are KILLIN' the competition. PCP Motorsports wanted $8,800 for my Wife's 2006 SE 100th Yr. but, I got it from another dealer for about $7,100 O.T.D.

$5,000 to $5,300??? in the mid-west. . . you've got to be kidding me!!! I don't see how they can be THAT much less.

·
Registered
899 Posts
SS396ChevelleSS said:
warren said:

Yeah, Ive used the Yammy Card before (for the R1) It gave me incentive to pay it off early. I just kinda really want to make it an easy deal, walk in buy and walk out rather then go through the bank. And I would rather buy new then used, but for the prices I've seen for some of the used ones you cant help but want to pick one up.

I called the dealer I bought my R1 from (out of state) and they quoted me 63?? for a white one... then i started lookin around the yamaha site and saw the GYTR so I started thinking they were talking about that one and I was all for that at that price, but then I called again for specifics and he said it was just white, not the GYTR. So im thinking it is the grey one because the only white one I see is the GYTR. 63?? seems like a good deal, but that is without tax so If I wanted to regester it I would have to pay tax up here which would come out to almost what I can but it for here anyhow. I really need to get some #'s of more dealerships in NY here to get some quotes from
Maybe its a white '06......

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oli700 said:
Maybe its a white '06......
I asked him if it was a leftover 06 and he said no, its the white 07... I had already had him on the phone for about 10 minutes and I was starting to get annoyed at the fact that the guy didnt really seem to know what he was talking about (btw, he said he could get me a blue one for $100 more WTF???) So anyhow I just said well, thanks for your time and I hung up.

I just sent emails to about 6 or 7 local dealers (within 80 miles of me) so we will see what I get for quotes come this monday and tuesday.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
700yellowraptor said:
Hate to do this but this is the place for the best price in New York state but they have big time tudes I got mine there last year. http://www.troycitygarage.com GYTR 6300 PLUS TAX S 6200 PLUS TAX BLUE/GREY 5800 PLUS TAX ---- By the way Tri-Z's rule do you have any SE's or just yellow/black - red/white?
The 86 is a SE I believe (6 speed tranny)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
700yellowraptor said:
Hate to do this but this is the place for the best price in New York state but they have big time tudes I got mine there last year. http://www.troycitygarage.com GYTR 6300 PLUS TAX S 6200 PLUS TAX BLUE/GREY 5800 PLUS TAX ---- By the way Tri-Z's rule do you have any SE's or just yellow/black - red/white?
Wow, got some good prices there, big time tudes? attitudes? care to explain? anyhow its about 50 miles closer then my ohio connection. I think ill be getting ahold of them

·
Registered
902 Posts
700yellowraptor said:
Not just + tax. . . "Any Freight, Prep, Tax & DMV Fees Additional."

Alba's been doing this shit for years. . . . "Get a bike with a pipe, air filter, bla bla bla All for the same price as MSRP". . . then they charge you List price + 1000 for freight + 1000 for set-up. . . they think we are stupid. Don't know if they are still doing it or not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
700yellowraptor said:
Tudes as in thier shit does not stink, as in do not sit on machines, as in we sell alot at low prices we do not need this sale so why be nice or helpfull.The only reason i got mine thier was they could get the SE the fastest and shit a few 100 cheaper helped too.
Ahh I see, I am used to not being able to sit on them but did just find another dealership filers powesports in NY, he told me hes not going to quote me, but to finish calling around and to then call him and he will beat the price. says he has all of them in stock and I went to their website to check them out and it sounds like you can even take them for a test drive. Best of all its only about an hour from home. So, I emailed him back with a couple of the prices from that dealership in troy to see what he responds with... if he can get close to it I think ill be buying from him.

·
Registered
902 Posts
700yellowraptor said:
DuneMe said:
700yellowraptor said:
Not just + tax. . . "Any Freight, Prep, Tax & DMV Fees Additional."

Alba's been doing this shit for years. . . . "Get a bike with a pipe, air filter, bla bla bla All for the same price as MSRP". . . then they charge you List price + 1000 for freight + 1000 for set-up. . . they think we are stupid. Don't know if they are still doing it or not.
Well tax should be where SS396ChevelleSS lives---i paid New York state tax in Florida when i flew down to buy my truck.When i got the raptor from them freight was $150 prep $65 tax was 8%$545.12 reg/title$32.50 waste tire fee {a ny thing} $10------$6599 went to $7401.62 when said and done state tax was the killer oh well--- I HAVE DONE ABOUT 7400 WHEELIES SO FAR ITS BEEN WORTH EVERY PENNY :thumbsup:
That sounds about right. . . Yes, tax is based on where you LIVE, NOT where you buy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in WI and i was quoted from a local salesmen that i know really well and he quoted me at $6400 for just a plain '07 700R.. I ended up getting mine ('07 700R SE Black/Orange) in IA so the total w/ tax was $5,100. But this is b/c it was actually a used '07 that some guy owned for about 5 months and decided to trade his truck and quad in for a Triumph Daytona. I got super lucky and i came to the conclusion i wouldn't have even got a better deal anywhere like that even from a private seller.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bought the 06's new for $5800 each OTD.

Just bought the 07 SE2 for $6300 OTD

1 - 20 of 37 Posts