Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get my engine clean before i work on it, i tried the pressure washer at the car wash but it didnt do much. i was thinking i should buy some purple power but is there something else i should use?

i wish i had a water hose but the pipe for it busted under ground and i didnt feel like digging 50 ft to replace it, so i will have to use the pressure washer again

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe i saw a post where someone used "simple green max"

This is what i am going to be picking up and giving a try with. good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
simple green works, also warrior clean,gunk degreaser most auto parts stores have it,a mild degreaser is best,have also heard of people making sort of a paste with comet or if you have a can of carb or brake clean layng around you can use it to loosen it up for the pressure washer

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
I use my own pressure washer - soft spray with detergent first, then hard spray to clean.

Gunk degreaser has always worked well for me on auto engines, just haven't needed it for the quads as of yet. If you don't mind the pervasive, keroseny smell of the gunk, it really removes grease and grime well, and then simply rinses off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks iam going to try gunk degreaser i remember seeing it at the parts store before

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
A friend of mine recommended me a product called "Super clean".

I tried Gunk degreaser on mine and it's good for oil and gunk but it doesn't work at all on mud/dust/grime...

·
Registered
214 Posts
A friend of mine recommended me a product called "Super clean".

I tried Gunk degreaser on mine and it's good for oil and gunk but it doesn't work at all on mud/dust/grime...
super clean is a mean machine haha. You can dilute it way down and it is still real powerful, it will remove almost anything!

·
Registered
332 Posts
oxyclean maybe??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts