Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering on your guys opinion of what kind of chain I should get. Im installing a 778cc big bore/stroker as well as a +4 swinger and want to get the best chain possible. My driving conditions are gonna be trail/mud/snow/sand, you name it lol. thx for the help.

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the EK chains? I'm only running the big 3 for now, and a +2 swinger with a 15t front sprocket. I like the Ek because I can get it in black and the tensil strength is up around 8500, I think you can even get one at 9000. And it's an X-ring, but I'm not finding anyones opinions on these? or what else would be good that might offer colors... Anyone else with Feedback?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the EK chains? I'm only running the big 3 for now, and a +2 swinger with a 15t front sprocket. I like the Ek because I can get it in black and the tensil strength is up around 8500, I think you can even get one at 9000. And it's an X-ring, but I'm not finding anyones opinions on these? or what else would be good that might offer colors... Anyone else with Feedback?
I have the EK X ring chain. So far so good but I only have bout 20 min or so on the chain & my new 3 plug motor build.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I'm running EK MVXZ X-ring on a 70hp build and no problem at all, those chains are 9200lb tensile strength if I remember right. Oops just looked they're 9000lb

·
272 Posts
Is yours the 520MVXZ? Which color did you guys go with, is it wearing off?

·
Registered
153 Posts
EK, RK and DID are all great!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx everyone, I went with the EKSRX.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I got Orange and it's holding up great it did wear off where the chain runs on the rollers and guides but the sides are fine, been on over a year now.
What other color did you think he got. Hell his damn lawn mower is orange with orange grips,real talk no shit.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
i like regina chains myself, cant have to strong of a chain imo.
+1....I am running a Regina now but I am going to try out the DRD ERT2 Gold Series next.

·
272 Posts
What other color did you think he got. Hell his damn lawn mower is orange with orange grips,real talk no shit.
That's freakin Hilarious.. But yeah, I can totally see him having that.. Probably orange detail and edging on his house too.. LOL.. I just ordered my EK chain, same one but in Black with nickel.. Hopefully it'll look good.. and at 9000 lb tinsel weight I dont think there are any other chains out there stronger.. IDK..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm getting a blue one and a gold one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts