Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch slipped 5 or 6 times while dune riding in Idahoe. The temp. Might have been a factor seeing it was 37 degrees celcuse. Gone or on it's way out I'm still going to replace it. I do ride and drag the piss out of it ( 2nd gear launch ) I think I'm due. Can anybody recommend a good one?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Get with DL700 from High desert dyno. I got his full fiber OEM clutch kit with stiffer springs and love it. Its a little stiff at first but you get used to it. And the holding power is great with awesome engagement.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Or call TQS. Steve will hook you up, if you need to replace the whole clutch pack just go oem. If not talk to steve and do the full fiber. Ron woods 30% stiffer springs, full fiber, and gasket. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a kit from EBC for $89 with springs. I have heard of these guys and some 2 wheelers I know say that their pretty good. What is a fiber clutch? Will it last longer? Does it lock up better?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just my two cents, so please take it for what it's worth, but I have experience with the Tusk Heavy Duty clutch kit. It's one of the lowest price clutch kits out there, but seems to work really well. Lot's of folks give the Tusk brand good reviews because of their low prices and good quality products. Hope this might help. Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.