Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum. Just got a 2013 Raptor 700, that’s getting a complete rebuild.

head is being ported and polished, stage 3 cam, going to run kibble white valve springs, but what valves should I run? Heard hot cams and kibble whites are ok. Heard Ferrara are the best.

cylinder is OEM that is getting bored to 105.5, does it need to be renik plated? OEM crank with stock Carrillo rod, With EHS fuel controller, and getting barkers duals.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ferrea is what you wanna run. KWs have had issues, same with HCs. They are Chinese. If you are porting the valves and using HD springs, why not go with a bigger cam? I’d skip the HC3 if you’re going this far with the build already.
You don’t need to nik the cylinder. You can run a steel sleeve if you have a competent machine shop. LA sleeve has what you need. I think my local machine shop quoted me 300 for a nikasil replate tho.
And IMO I’d ditch the EHS and run the PCV for better fueling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ferrea is what you wanna run. KWs have had issues, same with HCs. They are Chinese. If you are porting the valves and using HD springs, why not go with a bigger cam? I’d skip the HC3 if you’re going this far with the build already.
You don’t need to nik the cylinder. You can run a steel sleeve if you have a competent machine shop. LA sleeve has what you need. I think my local machine shop quoted me 300 for a nikasil replate tho.
And IMO I’d ditch the EHS and run the PCV for better fueling.
What cam would you go with? 5050? I’m porting the head but sticking with stock valve size.
USchrome quoted me $276 for Boring and replating. But a machine shop around me will bore it out for $60.
Bike came with the EHS and FCI, was going to run it when it’s all together and see how I liked it before dumping another $250 for a different programmer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Oh okay, that makes sense. If you have good faith in US Chrome then go for it. Some recommend steel, some recommend nikasil. The benefit to steel is that under extreme conditions it flexes and distorts less that aluminum. The downside is it’s softer than nikasil plating and if not sleeved right it has the potential to drop the sleeve.

Id stick with the HC3 if you’re not doing any valve work. You can buy a bigger cam, but it won’t do much good without larger valves. FYI, your builder will match the port work to the valves and should be recommending you a cam that compliments it as well. A good builder will create a head/cam/valving that works in harmony. Just ask him what he designed the porting around.

What piston are you running on this build?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh okay, that makes sense. If you have good faith in US Chrome then go for it. Some recommend steel, some recommend nikasil. The benefit to steel is that under extreme conditions it flexes and distorts less that aluminum. The downside is it’s softer than nikasil plating and if not sleeved right it has the potential to drop the sleeve.

Id stick with the HC3 if you’re not doing any valve work. You can buy a bigger cam, but it won’t do much good without larger valves. FYI, your builder will match the port work to the valves and should be recommending you a cam that compliments it as well. A good builder will create a head/cam/valving that works in harmony. Just ask him what he designed the porting around.

What piston are you running on this build?
Order stock Ferrea valves today $140 for just valves. So I can run it with just boring it out right? Dont have to worry about plating or sleeving it.

valves and cam are being sent to my builder

running a cp 11:1

·
Registered
720 Posts
No you have to sleeve it or Nik it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts