Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly enough, since mine is an 01' it was a L&A one-way followed by a transmission rebuild! :'( Oh well, it came back a 686 w/11.1 so it's all good! :thumbsup: What got you started on the road that never ends?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Nerf bars
Kill switch
Needed them to be AMA legal for Ice Racing.

First real mod came after about 4-6 months, Full CT pipe. Picked up a set of extreme haulers and went to the dunes.

Finally dipped into the engine and threw in a stage 1 hotcam after having the bike a year and it was all downhill from there. :thumbsup:

Glad you've got your bike together or at least on it's way.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Desert Racer said:
Kinda went all on at once:

PRM main skid plate
PRM Swing arm skid
AC racing a-arm skid
PRM front bumper
PRM cooler rack
Big-gun silp-on and rejetted

Then a month later it went down hill.
Mine did to. All my mods happend within 2 months after buying it. Hell, I don't even remember what it was like stock anymore! :lol:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Skids! Its rocky as hell here.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
k5ride said:
Desert Racer said:
Kinda went all on at once:

PRM main skid plate
PRM Swing arm skid
AC racing a-arm skid
PRM front bumper
PRM cooler rack
Big-gun silp-on and rejetted

Then a month later it went down hill.
Mine did to. All my mods happend within 2 months after buying it. Hell, I don't even remember what it was like stock anymore! :lol:
I tell once you get started you can never stop.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn money! If I had more I could buy more! :grin_nod: I'll make ya'll a deal....If you give me the money I'll put whatever you think I need on it! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Here is a list of aftermarket stuff that I have bought and put on the bike and already replaced. I know there's more but I can't think of it all right now.

SixSixT Intake Adaptor Plate
Pro-Design K&N Kit w/ Billet Adaptor
Hotcams Stage 1 and Stage 2
CT Racing Full Exhaust
CT Racing FCR Midpipe
IMS Steel Direct Shifter
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust and Powerbomb Header
Burguard Chromoly Steering Stem w/ Anti-Vibe
Dura Blue Cast Aluminum Pin Drive Rear Hubs
Skat Trak Extreme Haulers
Pro Taper SE Handlebars
MSR Clutch Lever and Perch
SRP Clutch Lever and Perch
Motion Pro Push-Pull Twist Throttle
TerryCable Stainless Braided Throttle Cable
FMF Factory 909 Gel Grips
Works AT Steeler Triple Rate Front Shocks

Moral of the story, upgrade wisely. You want to make the right decision the first time. Well that and don't break anything. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My first mod was pipe/jet/air filter. Followed by paddles, twist throttle, e-brake removal, nerfs, bumper, A-arms, and shocks. In that order.

Next up: Durablue axle, wheels and tires, 727 by Kenz, and a swinger. After all that, I'll make it look sweet... Unfortunately, my truck is gettin new wheels and tires, a lift and power running boards, before I spend more on my quad, I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.