Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about dr.d, fmf, and yoshimura makin a dual system for the rappys??? i think that it would be pretty darn slick. hope they get on it and make a dual system.... i dont know what do you guys think?!

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
The single exhausts they make are run of the mill, middle of the road, good but nothing special. I have no reason to believe that if they made duals they would be anything different, nor do I have the desire to see more of those such products on the market.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I agree...to me, you cant beat a set of barkers. They are a great looking and a great quality set of pipes. Not to menchine a big bore option for the higher HP bikes that still want to run inframes. Would be really tough to beat them overall

Edit: Am I reading right that you dont have a map on your PC3 at all with a 734, +2 head, and high compression?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes you are reading right man woaaaaaaaaahhhhh buddy hermiston????!!!! that is crazy do you have a map that you could give , me man!? i need a map bad but have no idea how to make one

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have not road my quad yet though either i just got it back this November and i have been putting other mods on it but am wanting to get a map for it

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Yeah were not too far apart...but your best bet would be to take it to a dyno. I would suggest Lucas English to tune it for you. When youre up to the stages of the motor that you are, a generic map would not be the way to go. Might as well spend a little more dough and have it run perfect. When you spend that kind of money on something you shouldnt leave anything undone. An off map might hurt your motor.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Yeah...I have gotten all my tunes at Rooster Built but I think he is starting to slow down with the ATV stuff. He is a great tuner and really knows what hes doing...Lucas does a great job as well and doesnt mind if you stand in the shop with him.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The single exhausts they make are run of the mill, middle of the road, good but nothing special. I have no reason to believe that if they made duals they would be anything different, nor do I have the desire to see more of those such products on the market.
i agree with that statement, taking exception with the yoshi's. they make one hell of a single.. nothing makes me think they'd fail at a dual..

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i agree with that statement, taking exception with the yoshi's. they make one hell of a single.. nothing makes me think they'd fail at a dual..
md never said they'd fail he said they 'd be run of the mill average, middle of the road, nothing special just like their singles and i agree with his statement on them making duals:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Aint Barkers, Monsters, DMC, Dasa, LTE and Trinity enough as it is LOL. I dont see them going that route unless more atv makers start making sport 700...And if other companys start making duals arent they going to be very generic and not really made for our rappys? Id stay away from those and stay whit what everyone knows and is already tried and true. Sure more competition in this market will probably send the prices down a little but will quality and reliability follow suit. Im happy with whats offered on the market right now i could really care less about those big named companies trying to push the little companies to the side, the ones that care when you call with a problem and you get an answer right there and now.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
what do you guys think about dr.d, fmf, and yoshimura makin a dual system for the rappys??? i think that it would be pretty darn slick. hope they get on it and make a dual system.... i dont know what do you guys think?!
I'd try a set if they were free... MAYBE :rofl:

scratch that, I'd never run an FMF- I curve the bill on my hat :lol:

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
My step brother had a FMF slip-on on his 400ex. And it blew off at Silver Lake. I guess there was to much back-pressure or something. So, he had to run it without a silencer.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya i read some bad things about FMF and HMF. Trinity lack of service turd lickers! F them! You call them for info and they ask you to e-mail them then you e-mail them and they ask you to call them so now you see why im crazy! LOL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts