Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a 13T front and a 39 rear. Love the hole shot but hate the mile long runs. Great for racing, jumping and coming out of cormners hard. Have never a 15T.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I currently run a 15t it seems to get the power to the wheels alot more. The raptor just pulls harder through every gear, and on a track I dont feel as though I have to shift as much, tends to keep the raptor more in the torque part of its power band. 13T just seems like it would be geared way to low for me, first gear is worthless with the 14t. But i do notice you have the 39 rear sprocket, i beleive stock is 38? the gearing must be pretty low haha

·
Registered
289 Posts
With a 15t you feel like you have an extra gear it feels like you have a 6 speed 15t is more for the top speed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
What would you cat's suggest gearing wise for the woods or GNCC ?? I'm in the northeast and it can get a little tight up here.. :confused:

·
Registered
243 Posts
of couse everyone has their own opinion but i would just try stock back gear with a 15t front, you will get alot more use out of first gear, and with just the PCIII and intake it just pulls harder

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
sysnxt said:
of couse everyone has their own opinion but i would just try stock back gear with a 15t front, you will get alot more use out of first gear, and with just the PCIII and intake it just pulls harder
I found that in the woods 1st gear is about useless, rev's out waaaay to quick.. :(

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Sontag_Slim said:
Big Mike said:
I found that in the woods 1st gear is about useless, rev's out waaaay to quick.. :(
you running 14 or 15 in front?
Whatever came stock on an '06.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh, my gearing is SUPER LOW !!! :thumbsup: But for what I do it works best for me. It will rip your neck off through three gears, but my top end SUCKS!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was dubious about the 15t. I actually have it on my 06 700 with intake, Dobeck, and stock pipe sans sparky and I love it. I even run 22's. It really seemed to wake my bike up. My new Raptor is getting a 15t soon as well. Yes I have two 06's. One loaded and one almost stock.

Craig,

PS: I can't imagine running a 13t.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
It's not even worth it compare a 15 with a 13T. It doesn't matter the way you look at it, the 15T is much better. I use to have the stock one (14) and when I changed to 15 was like I had a different more powerfull machine. I would never go back to 14 much less 13........that's just me ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Skaryfazt700 said:
It's not even worth it compare a 15 with a 13T. It doesn't matter the way you look at it, the 15T is much better. I use to have the stock one (14) and when I changed to 15 was like I had a different more powerfull machine. I would never go back to 14 much less 13........that's just me ;)
If you did what these guys that are running 13Ts did, I bet you would run a 13T too...

·
Registered
733 Posts
This all depends on how and where you ride .... I am running 13/38 right now w/23" tires. It is not quite low enough in tight woods but I like to avoid 1st gear as much as possible but it's there if I need it. I am trying to find the happy medium for trails and roads. It seems alot of guys on here think the 13T is useless, but I doubt they are in the technical stuff. If I was in the dunes, I would run a 15T and no more than 22" tires. I recently raced a harescramble, and the track was so technical, I never got beyond 2nd gear. I was geared too high.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I do a lot of faster woods riding and use 2nd and 3rd most of the time. In real tight stuff I go down to 1st. I bought the 15T but I'm debating on whether or not to use it. I run the stock 20's right now but will eventually get GNCC 20's. What should I expect if I put it on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts