Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im in the market for a quad and have decided on the 700r. I know the MSRP is $7,199 but it doesnt sound like many people pay full MSRP. What would be an average cost of a brand new 700r from a dealer? Im hoping to be able to barter the price down a little and/or get some freebies thrown in.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
My friend bought a brand new base model red and gray one last week for 6600. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was at the dealer this weekend and they had a sale going on and the base model was 5998 and the s/e was 6998. I say the 5998 is a steal... I wish i payed that cheap when i got mine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
chpsk8er630 said:
I was at the dealer this weekend and they had a sale going on and the base model was 5998 and the s/e was 6998. I say the 5998 is a steal... I wish i payed that cheap when i got mine.
man you aint kidding! :lol:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Keep in mind Geography. In AZ we seem to pay a ridiculous premium. The first number they threw at me for my GYTR was something like $9800! :eek: I almost walked at that point. I ended up getting it for $8200 OTD. I paid nearly a grand over what I could have got the same bike out of California for. I didn't want to do a road trip and with my luck I'd get slammed with some BS taxes buying new out of state so I said f-it and bought from the local chain.

Make sure when comparing you compare the price out the door...

Shawn

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought my red/gray 700r this weekend in Northern California Bay Area for $6299 out the door and he threw in the front grab bar from yamaha and the shock covers fron and rear also included in that price was the 3 year warranty!!! I thought thisd was possibly the best deal considering everyone else wanted $7000 out the door

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Mine they included freight and taxes and all the good crap...and they knocked 700 off...so I am financing 9k.

·
Registered
517 Posts
6500 OTD in CA 2-600 less the further you go toward the mid west.

·
Registered
117 Posts
YEAH I BOUGHT MY 07 700 R FOR 6500 OTD, EVERYTHING INCLUDED. THERE WAS A PLACE 40 MILES FROM ME THAT QUOTED MY 6299 OTD. BUT I DIDNT WANT TO HASSLE WITH THE DRIVE. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
NixRaptor350 said:
Mine they included freight and taxes and all the good crap...and they knocked 700 off...so I am financing 9k.
I payed 8,800 OTD also o my SE....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Paid $6650 for 06 SE (june 06)....2 weeks later a different dealer offered to sell for $6450 and I know he would have sold for less.

·
Registered
287 Posts
$7300 OTD for my 2006 SE last August (not the same as the 2007 SEs mind you, just diff. plastics). Mine was $6060 for the quad, so the rest was setup and taxes!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
The price on mine was 8600 when I got it. I had a trade so I only had to give 5000 but still, it was going to be 8600 out the door for my 07 SE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the replies everyone! Definitely gives me a starting point. :thumbsup:

When does yamaha typically roll out new models? Im wondering if there is anything else I can use as leverage to make sure I get a good deal. Is there typically a push to get the 07's out the door before the 08's hit the floor?

·
Registered
517 Posts
spieg said:
Thanks for all the replies everyone!  Definitely gives me a starting point. :thumbsup:

When does Yamaha typically roll out new models? I'm wondering if there is anything else I can use as leverage to make sure I get a good deal. Is there typically a push to get the 07's out the door before the 08's hit the floor?
Correct, and mind you. Most dealers do not own them,...they have to pay (someone like GE) to have it sitting on the floor, If it does not sell it will cost them money. Then again if they are not moving volume than they try and get some of that cost back from you.

When the new models come out they try and get rid of all the older ones fast and if they can sell it as soon as they get it in they may work better with you on price. (that's what I did) I went to a shop that did not have one and told them if they got a 700 and a 450 in I would pick them up the next day for $12,700 otd. An hour later he said come in and make a deposit and we had a deal! Most shops still wanted $13,500+. This was mid 06 amd they were there the next day to pick up!

So you could could try two different approaches, I waited till the 07's were hitting the floors. Prior to that they would not come down much on price. Same with the new 07's they would not budge when they first arrived.

Just shop around and Good luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
You know, after hearing what folks pay for their bikes in relation to where they live, some dealers are really full of shit! A buddy of mine today bought an 07 Rappy, down here in Miami. He walked into several dealers ready to buy, the best $ he got was $6900 OTD. He walked into all of them and told the sales staff he wanted it for $6500 OTD every dealer turned him away. It's funny because every one of the places was dead, one of the dealers looked like it was closed. It's not like they were all packed with people. ::)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts