Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have no idea what year my bike is. How can you tell? There is no sign of a vin on this thing anywhere. I was told a 02. I did have to replace the 1way but the tranny is fine...hope its not an 01!
Is there another way to tell?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Should be a vin located on the shifter side of machine on the frame towards bottom on side. make sure it has not been scratched off and repainted over. I hope some members here can help you out where the vin numbers are located i thank they are in more than one place and could be on differnt spots on the atv depending on year. Where did you buy this thang? Did you get it off the streets? did it not come with tittle you should always make sure you get a tittle when you buy thangs new like this cause there is a reasson you are the person that sold it to you did not have the tittle .

You got to make sure you aint got stolen property always look at vin numbers and tittles before you buy. To save you money incase it`s stolen and to help out the guy who got stolen from . mine is a 03 stolen and recovierd vin never been touched it was only found cause a shop ran the vin thru to own and sell it cause the guy never return to get it out for repairs. Never could find anyone to charge with stolen property/damages :(. I was going to buy a nice yamaha 250 2stroke but i ran the vin thru before buying to find it was stolen and reported it. so the owner thanks me for runing the vin thru.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well good news I found the vin, it was under a lot of grease and oil from a side cover leak..haha No I don't have a title only B.O.S. It is in fact an 02, had the yam dealer check it out
Thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
tenth digit of the vin number is the year. mine is 3 which makes it an 03. your should be a two if indeed it is an 02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts