Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a raptor not long ago as a 2008, but from what I've read the 10th number in the chassisnr is the year it's made, is this right??

my nr starts with zjs700rt00 does this tell anyone something??

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Hmmm... Good question Nilsen. There is a Moderator here that goes by Mad dog that knows about the vin identification sequencing so hopefully he will chime in here for you. Do you have the title? It would have the year on it but if not then you could always call yamaha. Also the color of the frame and plastics differ from year to year. And the steering stem splines and shocks are different from year to year. You could always look at your splines on the stem and if there is a large key spline then it was made after 08.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says in the title that it was registered first time in 10, but I bought it as an 08,,that's why I'm wondering myself..

It's silver frame with blue plastic, shocks are white no piggyback on the front..

thanks for the info so far..

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
if you wanna post up some pictures that would probably help too

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
That sounds like an 07 to me! 08 didn't have any white plastics and they had resi' shocks up front.

·
Registered
473 Posts
06 or 07. blue ones were the same both years so could be either.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
oh wait is the seat black or black and silver?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seat is black with silver sides,,,,,,the vin decoder said 80 or 10 so I'm guessing I did a good buy ;o)

Thanks for all the help guys...

·
Registered
366 Posts
It should have reservoir shocks then.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Seat is black with silver sides,,,,,,the vin decoder said 80 or 10 so I'm guessing I did a good buy ;o)

??? Which is it? If you put the V.I.N. in correctly it would tell you what year it is. It wouldn't give you a choice of two different years.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
If it has POGO shocks its a 06-07. Or someone swaped out the shocks.

·
Registered
473 Posts

Then it is an 07 only year with blue, pogos and blk/silver seat

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did read wrong on the vin check,,it didn't get validated as it's an european bike,,but thanks for all the help,,,I'm pretty sure it's a 07,,,, and thanks wolfman,, you confirmed it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts