Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oka i did the float mod with the boot match too. the ehxauste is with out the baffle the air filter is without the snorkle but with the lind without no holes regular jet 145 to 150 then i put after the mood 152 and 158 KEIHIN
with 2 1/2 turn on the air skrew it ran good
then i remove the snorkle no mod on lid but i put 155 and 160 mikuni with 3 turn and i think it ran better
check the new spark plug with 2 long full throttle run in third and this is what i take out for me it seems that is lean

whats you guys think

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Lean!

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
To hell with the plug - it tells you little except what's going on at whatever throttle position you were last riding at... Was this a WOT plug chop?

The real question is how does it RIDE? What do you feel at between idle and 1/4 throttle (pilot jets and fuel screws), 1/4 and 3/4 throttle (needles) and 3/4 to WOT (main jets)?

A plug chop only tells you one thing. You need to set three.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It still pull hard 1/4 is good no hesitation 3/4 good 1/2good and full throttle good should i go and have a long ride should i put the snorkle back

Thank you

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It still pull hard 1/4 is good no hesitation 3/4 good 1/2good and full throttle good should i go and have a long ride should i put the snorkle back

Thank you

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
So... do you have ANY issues? Why would you put the snorkle back on if its running well?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeap is running good lots of power now that i put yfz shock and flip the link
just when i get a full exhaust and remove the lid want to be ready with the carb jetting knowledge

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
When you go full exhaust and remove the lid - go to 160L/165R Mikuni jets, aftermarket needles at around 1 notch rich of center, 25 pilots and fuel screw around 2.5 turns out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts