Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size wheels and tires are you guys running? Staying stock size or going bigger and wider? I need some suggestions. A lot of the wheels I like are 10" diameter (front and back).

Here are the stock sizes.....I think

Front Tire: AT21x7-10
Front Wheel: 10x5.5
Rear Tire: AT20x10-9
Rear Wheel: 9x8

·
Bayou Boi / Team 57 Racing
96 Posts
This is just my opinion... because everyone thinks differently.

I like 19's or 18's in the rear and 20's in the front.

The quad is small, point blank. We all know that the Raptor 350 is slow... there no way fighting that fact, the new quads out these years are really powerful. Think about it they run the same tire sizes on the 350 as they do on the 450, I think that's a good bit of weight for that motor.

The Raptor 350 will never compete on top end. The smaller tires will give you more low end and less stress on your engine. So I say put as much you can on the low end. You rarely should max out your speed anyway.

But that's just me. Also it looks really good at that combo.

If you plan to do only trail riding, and getting in some nasty stuff, then yes I say go for that bigger and more wider tire. But then again why not just buy a utility quad, cuz theirs some really nice ones out there that will compete neck and neck with many racing quads.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
If you go bigger on the tires you can adjust your sprokets to bring back your torque so you can get the extra clearances and still have to orginal power. I have 22x12x9 that I can pop on mine but that big be a real big tire for the 350. You could go 22 or 23 up front with out to much of a problem but then it may feel top heavy if you get the quad to far off the ground.

·
96 Posts
If you go bigger on the tires you can adjust your sprokets to bring back your torque so you can get the extra clearances and still have to orginal power. I have 22x12x9 that I can pop on mine but that big be a real big tire for the 350. You could go 22 or 23 up front with out to much of a problem but then it may feel top heavy if you get the quad to far off the ground.
Yea you may have some major rubbing with those tires on the 350 if you do any jumping,

Also to me the Raptor 350 stock is already top heavy. It sits high for how narrow it is. The first thing I did was buy those G-Force hubs, with front Durablue's... Its a must to me for safety. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Ya'll have made up my mind about not going with any tires that are taller. I think I am going to go with 20 or 21 inch up front and 19 or 20 inch on the rear. However, the wheels that I am getting are 10" diameter and the rear tires will be 1" wider, but not any taller.

Swampboy, I see that you are in Larose. I live in Baton Rouge and my Dad lives in Golden Meadow. I am actually heading down there tomorrow for the weekend. Are there any good places to ride in southern Louisiana? Although I'm sure its flooded now, I want to go check out the Bonnet Carre spillway sometime.

·
96 Posts
Whatever you decide to go with remember light weight is the way to go.. Idk but, just be cautious about how heavy those wheels are that you are wanting to going with.

Naw the water hasn't raised up to much.
There's not much down the bayou, unless you know someone that has lots of land down here.

I ride the Spillway or Sand Hill in Perkinston, MS. http://www.sandhillatv.com/ Its not that bad of a drive. Its got a lot of open area, trails, deep pits and a drag strip. Usually we stay and camp the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts