Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening since I bought the quad!! When I'm really working through the gears, sometimes it seems like I pop into neutral inbetween other gears!! Is this normal? I was thinking maybe I wasn't doing a full shift and it was in between gears. The thing rev right out before ya catch it. It does this regardless of whether or not I use the clutch. Please don't tell me I have tranny problems!! Please :eek:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Try adjusting your shifter linkage and make sure your clutch is fully engaging.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I'll just adjust them to my manual specs? or is this another part of the manual to ignore?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I am having problems with the clutch adjustments!! I bought a Sunline easy pull adjustable perch (spent waaaay to much on it) And the start / headlight switch interferes with the travel of the lever. I was thinking of moving the switch to the other side of the perch. Any thought on this? The problem I am having is getting the tranny to slip into neutral and out of reverse because the tranny is never fully released, I solved this temporarily by shifting into neutral with the clutch lever in and still rolling a bit and the stopping! It works but it's not the way it should be!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 03 raptor does the same thing, when i shift it seems to slip in between gears & then engages really hard. kinda scary, I don't know what the cause would be though, i puchased a linkless shifter, and replaced my clutch springs & plates with a heavy duty kit and it still does it every once and a while. I think it's something internal myself, not sure though.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine wont engage until I hit the shifter again and it doesn't seem to be a hard shift. I am going to be checking into it this weekend, time for an oilchange aswell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mines probably only done it 5 or 6 times, over the course of 4 years or hard riding. I think i might just be me, not quite getting the full travel out of the shifter, trying to shift it too fast or something.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
h0tr0d18 said:
And the start / headlight switch interferes with the travel of the lever. I was thinking of moving the switch to the other side of the perch.
I had to do this for the ASV lever. Works fine.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
firstraptor said:
h0tr0d18 said:
And the start / headlight switch interferes with the travel of the lever. I was thinking of moving the switch to the other side of the perch.
I had to do this for the ASV lever. Works fine.
cool :thumbsup: Thanks for the feedback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts