Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my raptor for a year now and I have never heard the fan cut on does it even have one my freinds yfz has the fan on all day while we ride but my raptor has never had the fan run

·
Super Moderator
8,935 Posts
Your machine is probably running more cooler and efficiently than the yfz. We have 2 machines, one is stock, I never hear that fan run either, mine being modified it does run hotter and the fan will kick on. You can always get an in line temp guage and install it, let it idle for a while and see what the temp gets to. It should kick on around 220. It will get there idling, I have checked mine that way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your machine is probably running more cooler and efficiently than the yfz. We have 2 machines, one is stock, I never hear that fan run either, mine being modified it does run hotter and the fan will kick on. You can always get an in line temp guage and install it, let it idle for a while and see what the temp gets to. It should kick on around 220. It will get there idling, I have checked mine that way.
Do you think the curvo early on kit would be worth it

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The early-on fan thermostat is Definately worth it.
Modern engines run hotter for emissions, but cooler engines live longer.
My 2020 has 100 hours on it...and it has never been to 225 degrees(when the fan turns on at stock settings), as I did alot of mods when it was brand new/zero hours.
I have a bigger radiator, Spal Fan(10% more cfm tham stock)air scoops, an in-line cooler, and run Engine Ice along with Cuervo's early on stat.
There is a digital temp display on my Vapor dash, and I have it's 2 temp lights set for when the fan comes on at 200f, and the next at 220f.
I have never seen it run hotter than 211f, and it has idled as high as 221f(Vapor has max recall feature).
I am much more comfortable with the temps lower, as if you overheat on a stock cooling system, you're at 250f+, and odds are it just got expensive.
With cooling mods, no worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts