Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i was riding my quad and a cam bolt came loose or something.but it blew a hole in my head cover,took it all apart cam looks good still, so does the sproket, looks like the exshaust valves hit the piston when it went,so im figureing that at the least ill need is new head & cover with valves in springs,the thing i dont know about is i cant find one bolt to the cam dont know if it went straight up threw or if it fell to the crank,i cant find it i looked all threw there even took off side cover where the stator is,so do you think ill have to have the case split or what?if this is going to cost much money i think ill just part the quad out in buy either a ltr450 or the yfz450.And if i part it out what do you think i can get with what i have listed as mods and such. Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
to access the bottom end of your motor just take off the one-way side cse and get a flexible magnet and fish it in the oil openings and move it around and if you catch the bolt pull it out. thats what i did when i re did my one-way and i got out all six bolt heads out with one shot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it would be good enough if i just pulled the bolt out or should i have the case split ,cleaned and inspected?Or maybe use some kerosin and rinse it out myself cause im sure theres metal fragments all threw there.Or do you think the bolt might of went threw the hole it made in the motor.I wouldnt have so many do you thinks if i felt like looking at it more,but i was pretty heart broken when it happend and didnt fell like doing a complete teardown/Inspection I just removed the head, jug in side cover.I will try that with the magnet tho in see what i come up with.

·
Registered
455 Posts
the question im asking myself is if it broke the valve cover, how could it of got all the way down to the bottom end if you got a piston in the way?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cause its a cam bolt that came loose, the cam chain goes all the way down to the case,the piston is in the center,Im just saying knowing my luck it fell to the bottom got chewed up enough on the way down,to go threw one of the holes in the case that lets oil in ,very possible. think about it if the bolt came out ,Which throws the cam cockide, then it flew up smashed the head cover, went down along side the chain ,to the bottom end,I dont know maybe im just worried,also i did find the piece of the cover that got blown off but no bolt yet.It was laying on my nerf bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts