Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have an 04 660 with full yoshi exhaust, jet kit and intake filter. I used to be neck and neck with my buddys trx450. He had the hrc kit, now he added a full yoshi exhaust and he pulls me very very hard top end. What can I do to catch up to him without going to a 686. I am a trail rider, hill climbing and drap in the dirt for fun. I'm actually a better rider then him to thats not the problem. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Does he usually pull you at the very end or at the beginning? Do you guys have short races or longer ones? If you just have short quick races you can gear down one and get more bottom end, or if your racing a long race and he is pulling you cause of the top end you can go up a gear. That would be the cheapest way to get power on your side without forking out alot of cash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now when you say go up a gear, do you mean bigger front or bigger rear sprocket??? He pulls me hard top end, we are neck and neck til 3rd and he just pulls away like nothing. Will gearing up take alot away from my bottem end?? What about a cam?? would that make a difference??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i did a search and answered some of my questions, now should i go with a 14t front or 15t front??? I still do alot of trail riding, is 15t too big for the low end??

his 450 is not stock, it has full exhaust, jet, cam

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.