Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little more bottom end. Need a trail friendly quad but mostly ride in the Oregon Dunes. Not all that into drag racing although we do it now and then. What do you guys suggest? I realize I should upgrade the cam, would I get that much gain out of going oversize valves? I know I can get more bottom out of a big bore but dont want to stroke it at this time. Which ones are good and which ones should I stay away from?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Keep the piston but swap the cam for a HDD5050 and get the exhaust rocker clearanced and swap the valve springs and there ya go.....power gain everywere.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I gain anything from oversized valves? Thinking if I'm that far I might as well. Where do I get the 5050 from, hdd?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Yep, get with Daniel at HDD or Steve at TQS and they will hook ya up on the cam.
If I was looking to have +1 valves done I would also have the portwork looked at to make sure the valves will be supported well. "Mild" portwork will probably not make larger valves worth the effort.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Would I gain anything from oversized valves? Thinking if I'm that far I might as well. Where do I get the 5050 from, hdd?
I went with Bo's Megalodon head with +2 valves and 5050 cam and huge difference from what you have now.... Then I added the 54mm Tb to top it off after I got bored of the build... Revs very fast and tons of torque:D. Most of the power is in the head and cam...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts