Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im new to the raptor world. I got a raptor the other day the guy told me it was a 2004 but im thinking I got screwed I think its a 2001 I know can tell for sure be the vin but have got to that yet. The reason i think its a 01 is b/c of the rear shock it has a remote reservior not a piggy back. So if i did get screwed what kind of problems are in my future? any feed back would be great I kinda feel dumb.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok Im new to the raptor world. I got a raptor the other day the guy told me it was a 2004 but im thinking I got screwed I think its a 2001 I know can tell for sure be the vin but have got to that yet. The reason i think its a 01 is b/c of the rear shock it has a remote reservior not a piggy back. So if i did get screwed what kind of problems are in my future? any feed back would be great I kinda feel dumb.
Check the 10th number in the VIN, it is the year of the bike, 01s are said to have more tranimssion problems, but I have fixed more 02 and up transmissions then the 01s.............:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts