Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything runs fine once its warmed up but when it first starts it seems to have a sort of backfire from the carb in low RPMs, almost seems like a "hiccup". If anyone has any tips to fix the issue please let me know. Replacing the filter and filter cage soon so hopefully it runs a little smoother. Could the air filter be letting in too much air? The foam on the under side of the cage is worn badly so it doesn't make a tight seal when placed in the airbox. Hence why I am replacing the entire cage. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Will update if the new filter and cage fixes the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed new filter and cage, still a slight "Hiccup" coming from the carb but nothing major. Possible carb adjustment should fix this just dont know much about it, anyways. Increased performance a little bit according to a GPS Speedometer app on my phone. Was 59MPH with old filter now running 61MPH when wide open. Does this sound about right for a slightly modded 2005 350?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,046 Posts
If it's only during start up I wouldn't worry about it. During warm up with the carb choke on or even a throttle body won't allow proper fuel distribution. Be patient and allow warm up before hitting the throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts