Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is achievable using the stock crank? I'm thinking of doing a build for dunning and drag racing.

What doe's the build consist of parts wise?

·
Registered
240 Posts
It all depends on the supporting mods such as drag pipes, bigbore duals, 54mm Tb and or Carb set up with +2 or Ti valves... but stock bore/Stock stroke have made 75-85hp depending on how radical you want to get. I would contact RE/Hdd/Kenz/ or Quadracers they have some of the best builds out there.... For duning and some drag racing you should be able to get 78-80hp out of a SB/SS reliably

·
Registered
240 Posts
Parts:
White Knuckle 54mm Tb
+2 valve head cut for a 54mm Tb
Web 4 camshaft
Kibblewhite Hd valve springs Or something comparable
Cp 14.1 piston or something similar from one of the top shops
Barker/Dmc/Monster big bore duals
Power commander 3 or 5 unless going with a carb set up
Dynatek Programmable Ignition controller if you want to squeeze every last Hp out
I hope this helps most builds with these mods runs hard:thumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
For cams some of the shops have there own grind that will outperform the web4 Hp wise

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all depends on the supporting mods such as drag pipes, bigbore duals, 54mm Tb and or Carb set up with +2 or Ti valves... but stock bore/Stock stroke have made 75-85hp depending on how radical you want to get. I would contact RE/Hdd/Kenz/ or Quadracers they have some of the best builds out there.... For duning and some drag racing you should be able to get 78-80hp out of a SB/SS reliably

What my first thoughts were was doing a big bore kit but to me that was halfa$$ without a crank so I called tqs about a piston and cam kit (11:1 JE and hot cam 3) and that would only get me in the 60 HP range. I have dual big bore pipes,pro flow intake,programmer and +6 fireball swingarm on the bike. 2011 model 700R.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok are you staying on pump gas? Do you have access to E85 or Race fuel?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Sounds like you didnt know what kind of power these 700s are able to make. You wanted to know what the most amount of power the stock crank can handle and its over 90hp(turbo builds do it on a regular bases) and you get parts to make 60hp. 60hp will be all that most people will desire and will do them well. To me and some others 60hp is only the start. Life doesnt get good on these things until 70hp IMO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sounds like you didnt know what kind of power these 700s are able to make. You wanted to know what the most amount of power the stock crank can handle and its over 90hp(turbo builds do it on a regular bases) and you get parts to make 60hp. 60hp will be all that most people will desire and will do them well. To me and some others 60hp is only the start. Life doesnt get good on these things until 70hp IMO.
+1 I agree 70 was fun but im in search of 80+ now:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 100hp banshee so 60 will not do me lol that is why im in this forum looking at options other than what some of the local shops are throwing at me. I know that a turbo setup would be perfect for the amount i want but i don't want to throw over 3K into and would like to go NA..stock crank and add nitrous down the road.

Come on tell me what is out there to get into the 70+ range. Race gas is fine and i can get it all day long but what is the power difference between a race gas setup vs. pump gas (93 octane) 10hp or lower???

I live 40 minutes from craycraft but cant get anyone of them on the phone to help suggest a combo so i can start working on it. My biggest fear is sinking money into this raptor and it still be a turd! Can't go wrong with a 2 stroke :D

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Parts:
White Knuckle 54mm Tb
+2 valve head cut for a 54mm Tb
Web 4 camshaft(any .500" or higher cam)
Kibblewhite Hd valve springs Or something comparable
Cp 12.1 piston or something higher from one of the top shops
Barker/Dmc/Monster big bore duals
Power commander 3 or 5 unless going with a carb set up
Dynatek Programmable Ignition controller if you want to squeeze every last Hp out
I hope this helps most builds with these mods runs hard:thumbsup:
This will be over 70 and should be over 80. I edited a touch:p

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have that build + a big bore 105mm. The 54mm Tb kit really woke it up!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a 100hp banshee so 60 will not do me lol that is why im in this forum looking at options other than what some of the local shops are throwing at me. I know that a turbo setup would be perfect for the amount i want but i don't want to throw over 3K into and would like to go NA..stock crank and add nitrous down the road.

Come on tell me what is out there to get into the 70+ range. Race gas is fine and i can get it all day long but what is the power difference between a race gas setup vs. pump gas (93 octane) 10hp or lower???

I live 40 minutes from craycraft but cant get anyone of them on the phone to help suggest a combo so i can start working on it. My biggest fear is sinking money into this raptor and it still be a turd! Can't go wrong with a 2 stroke :D
The difference from pump gas build to a high compression build will reflect the choice of cam which will affect the top end Hp.... IMO about 7-10 hp difference depending on cam and compression combo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you can make the hp on stock Crank nothing is stronger. We have made 141WHP on stock crank. Ran 88mph in the 300ft.

All motor I think high 80s is tops for stock crank.

·
Registered
240 Posts
WOW!!! I though we r talking about 2-4hp approx
The Compression from lets say 12.1 to 14.1 alone is a 3-5 hp difference. Some of these bigger cams that make good hp numbers can be run on lower compression but will lack bottom and midrange power thus slowing down acceleration. Compression, Cam, and Head must work together to give you the best power curve Possible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Compression from lets say 12.1 to 14.1 alone is a 3-5 hp difference. Some of these bigger cams that make good hp numbers can be run on lower compression but will lack bottom and midrange power thus slowing down acceleration. Compression, Cam, and Head must work together to give you the best power curve Possible.
Thanks bro

·
Registered
156 Posts
The 734 trinity kit is a simple drop in kit.. as far as I have read that is about as much of a bore that you would want to run on the stock crank and still have reliability.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts