Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exact thickness of the factory wheels on a 700r? I'm trying to figure out how much lighter hiper racing wheels are compared to my stock wheels. The ITP baja wheels I have are a little on the heavy side so I'm going to put them on my 660 and put solid black hipers on the 700. 8)

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I had my 700, I gained 22lbs going from the stock tires and rims to Hipers and Razr2 tires. So I would say most of the weight gain was from the tires, so the Hipers should weigh close to stock wheel weight.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I just looked at the website that he had posted on here. They have some GYT-R accessories that are being sold for a good price. Lower than what my dealer would sell to me. I'm going to print this stuff out and show them and see if they will match it. If not, then I am ordering from this website.... :grin_nod: :grin_nod: 8)

·
Registered
579 Posts
The factory wheels are .010 thick (measured) with a rolled lip.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
RaptorFreeeek said:
I just looked at the website that he had posted on here. They have some GYT-R accessories that are being sold for a good price. Lower than what my dealer would sell to me. I'm going to print this stuff out and show them and see if they will match it. If not, then I am ordering from this website.... :grin_nod: :grin_nod: 8)
You might save some shipping that way, but I would support those that offer the good price without having to have their arm twisted. JMO I don't like to haggle over price and hate working with companies that opperate that way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think Badrap meant 0.10". I once thought they were .190 but you can measure them easy at the hub and sure enough they're .10, very thin, but the full rolled lip definitely adds some strength where you need it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts