Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6' 195lbs. I want to race XC and do a lot of recreational riding. Stock rear shock, YFZ front shocks, +2 +1 a-arms, stock rear swinger but flipped bracket and LSR Axle.

Ok, so now you know the nitty gritty:

The front sits at 47". What should I adjust the rear to? Right now it's at 45.5".

And, I downloaded an article that says your preload should be set so your rear settles 30% of travel and the front 20% when you're sitting on it. Do you guys agree with that?

And where is a good starting point for the rebound and compression adjustments on the rear shock and the YFZ front shocks?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got done setting mine with the 30% rear sag and 20% front. I guess the best thing to do since this is "just" the base line is to go for a ride and feel it out and go from there. I weight 230 lbs, (getting old & fat) but I like a somewhat "cush" ride nowadays :p My best advice to you is to ride and experiment with your settings, everybody has different tastes in how their suspension should or shouldn't work...

·
Registered
735 Posts
you'd benifit from stiffer springs for your weight. these shocks are designed for the 150lb rider (who in America weighs 150lbs...not me)thats why they sell aftermarket shocks/resprings built for your weight range to make the most effective use of the shock stroke. My rear of the frame sits 1 inch lower than the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts