Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My future wife is going to get me a new set of wheels for my wedding gift, I just can't decide what style/color to go with my red/white Raptor in my Signature.

I'm 99% sure I want the ITP SS112's but I can't decide on the color.

I've always liked the black/machined ones (far left) but I think the all black ones would look good too, thoughts

In addition what do you think the Banshee would look like with the tires/wheels that the Raptor currently has........or should I keep black wheels on it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like the ones on the left also, I have a white & grey 700 and thought about getting a set for it.
They had a set in Marionville a will back but not sure if they still do or not, can't remember what they quoted me on them but it was about as cheap as I could find on the internet.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I like the far left. I say keep the banshee with black wheels.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I would probably just keep the stock aluminum raptor wheels or put the cash twards a set of Hypers.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Banshee looks good as is, mostly because of the black already in the plastics. The other wheels would only draw attention to the frame color, which is just a normal gray.

Cast wheels look good, but they're heavy. As for the all black, I feel like if you're going to spend money on fancy cast wheels with a design then it shouldn't be so dark you can't see the design. The design will get lost in the dark color, at which point you might as well save a few bucks and just get those wheels powdercoated or buy some solid itp or gforce black wheels. I like the two tone if you're going to go with them, Sharky's looks good. The polished/chrome ones look nice but unless you want to polish them constantly they won't look like that for long.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the ones on the left also, I have a white & grey 700 and thought about getting a set for it.
They had a set in Marionville a will back but not sure if they still do or not, can't remember what they quoted me on them but it was about as cheap as I could find on the internet.
That's who I deal with, now Marionville Powersports.

I like the far left. I say keep the banshee with black wheels.
Thanks, probably put my Baja's on it......

I would probably just keep the stock aluminum raptor wheels or put the cash twards a set of Hypers.
I have no need for Hypers. I have a set of Black Baja's but the rears are 9's and all my tires (and spares) are 10's, I checked into just buying a pair of 10" rears but that's like $50 less than I can buy all 4 ITP's!

Banshee looks good as is, mostly because of the black already in the plastics. The other wheels would only draw attention to the frame color, which is just a normal gray.

Cast wheels look good, but they're heavy. As for the all black, I feel like if you're going to spend money on fancy cast wheels with a design then it shouldn't be so dark you can't see the design. The design will get lost in the dark color, at which point you might as well save a few bucks and just get those wheels powdercoated or buy some solid itp or gforce black wheels. I like the two tone if you're going to go with them, Sharky's looks good. The polished/chrome ones look nice but unless you want to polish them constantly they won't look like that for long.
Thanks man, that's what I was concerned about with the color. I'm not too worried about the wieght, I don't race or jump and I'd rather have the toughness of a cast wheel.

Like I said before I thought about using my Black Baja's but for the money I'd rather get 4 new wheels.......

I have a buddy that wants the stock 700 wheel's that are on the Banshee so I'll put those tires on the Baja's, not like I'll ride the banshee in the rough anyway, its mostly a sand queen. ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
i have the ones on the far right. they never need polishing....but i'm sure the people that ride in the clay/coal stuff it might ruin the finish...but that doesn't apply to you. simply wash them with soap and water and they are back to a mirror-like finish again. but with that being said, i don't think they'd go with your color scheme. i'd say the machined ones.

i have the white/silver color combo going on, so i think these wheels flow nicely.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
How beat up do your rims get out where you ride? The black ones will be ease to touch up but you will see every scratch on the unpainted ones. A few years ago I wanted silver ITP T-9 Pro Series Baja wheels but got a good deal on a set of black ones. I have seen what the silver ones look like after a few years of riding around here and I am very happy I went with the black ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts