Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain the pros and cons of wheel spacers are like handling advantages and speed and so forth

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well with a wider stance, your handling/cornering will be better. But be very carefull with wheel spacers cause they have been known to cuase problems with breakage ect. If you do go with them then dont go too wide.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pros: Wider, easier to turn, ok installation

Cons: Shouldnt waste the money like i did, just get an axle, mine havent broken yet, seem to be holding pretty good, i have 2.5 i wouldnt go no bigger than that. I have also heard about them breaking.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it affect speed or doing wheelies or what not, I am rather new to the dynamics of a racing quad, i have only ridden 4x4 my whole life. I am comfortable with my handling right now I dont rely on the bike to corner itself I swing it out with my body weight

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are wheel spacer for front, back or all around

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Honda_KiLlEr660R said:
are wheel spacer for front, back or all around
You buy them in sets, front or rear. They can be put at all 4 corners but there are greater drawbacks (handling and wear) to be considered with fronts.

I think there have been a couple of discussions on this topic, I'll search around and see if I can recall them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
the fronts are a bad idea if you ride hard. I kept breaking tierod ends and they made the steering extremly light and harder to control (bumpsteer).

The rears work fine I had no problems with them. They are a cheap alternative to an axel, but all they will do is confirm you like the ride with a wider axel and you should have saved up to buy a stronger lighter aftermarket one to begin with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
U can also buy offset rims i know ITP and Douglas sells them! I would think its a good alternative to spacers! A few of my friends have them and they look great!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Not really a "good" alternative, but not all that worse an alternative either. Still nasty on bumpsteer, bent tie rods, etc and now you've exposed the inside of the front rotor. Not to mention you can't change from your sand tires to your trail tires and still keep the width unless you break beads or buy 2 sets of offset rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts