Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH WHEEL SPACERS. DOES ANYONE HAVE THEM AND DO THE HELP THE STABILITY AND HANDLEING. MY BUDDIE HAS THEM ON HIS PUPE-LARIS 500 AND HE SWARS BY THEM. OPIONS PLEASE

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have nothing but bad about them. Very dangerous and have a tendancy to break.. Thats what i have read about them

Capt

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have run the on several of my bikes......
for trail riding and such they are much more stable.....
you wouldn't want to run them on anything that will get much air....that is when they tend to break.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have them on the rear only. They are the solid type made from Alu. The bike they are on in used for long distance, high speed desert racing. If I can nail a large rock at 60+ mph and not break it, you should be fine. As for what they do... I have a total of 6in on the rear and 4in on the front (with a arms, not spacers) and I can slide all day without even think of rolling. Just a tip, if you are geting them and you are paying less then $85, they are junk!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The new axle and A-arms is too much of an investment for the trail riding that I do. I have been running spacers for years and have not had any problems, I would reccomend a quality brand like "DMI". I think it makes a huge difference for trail riding. I am currently running fronts (Don't remember size, maybe 1" ) and rears I recently switched out 1'" spacers to G-Force extended hubs, which adds 1 3/4'" to each side.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
captnkllm said:
I have nothing but bad about them. Very dangerous and have a tendancy to break.. Thats what i have read about them

Capt
BUNK... my friends kids who race, (these kids do doubles and some triples, mind ya) run these and have had zero issues with 'em.
I had a set on my 98 Warrior with, zero issues.
As long as you get the solid brite aluminum type, you sould be good to go!
I haven't had any experience with the stud type, so I will not offer and assumptions for these.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I run 5" overall stud type. Best $18 I ever spent. At first I was leary... but got her to top speed and not so much as a wiggle. As for jumping... physics tells us there will be extra stress on the bearing carrier, but I don't get any big air. I have have 0 complaints so far. The machine feels more stable. I would stay away from the black plastics ones that want you to use long ass thru bolts... the billet ones with pre-pressed studs seem to me to be best... but at $185/ pair, I'm good with my $18. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Diehappy said:
I have them on the rear only. They are the solid type made from Alu. The bike they are on in used for long distance, high speed desert racing. If I can nail a large rock at 60+ mph and not break it, you should be fine. As for what they do... I have a total of 6in on the rear and 4in on the front (with a arms, not spacers) and I can slide all day without even think of rolling. Just a tip, if you are geting them and you are paying less then $85, they are junk!
Where's the pics at?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I do use them at the dunes, I would say the sand is choppy at best. It is usually pretty rough. Like I said, I was very skeptical at first, but I took the gamble and I'm pleased with them. The ones I have are from e-bay in a buy it now auction. the descrition shows a dark almost black metallic spacer... they are just plain galvanized in color. Otherwise they are exactly as described and the place shipped them right away. I'll throw up a link.... well heres the item # anyway.

Looks like they raised the price $1 since august. hahahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
http://www.durablue.com/prods_wheel_spacers.shtml

All 3 of my quads have these. No issues. All from ebay got killer deals.....
No big jumpers here, desert and sand riding.
Just put spacers for a total of 3" in front and 5" in rear on Raptor for the dunes.

With the durablue make sure they are ez fit

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
SandDragon said:
I do use them at the dunes, I would say the sand is choppy at best. It is usually pretty rough. Like I said, I was very skeptical at first, but I took the gamble and I'm pleased with them. The ones I have are from e-bay in a buy it now auction. the descrition shows a dark almost black metallic spacer... they are just plain galvanized in color. Otherwise they are exactly as described and the place shipped them right away. I'll throw up a link.... well heres the item # anyway.

Looks like they raised the price $1 since august. hahahahaha :lol:
Thanks just bought them.... now I have an excuse to cut my fenders :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
g force makes some billet ones that ae back spacers. almost indestructable. very safe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
SEVEN00 said:
captnkllm said:

Capt
BUNK... my friends kids who race, (these kids do doubles and some triples, mind ya) run these and have had zero issues with 'em.
I had a set on my 98 Warrior with, zero issues.
As long as you get the solid brite aluminum type, you sould be good to go!
I haven't had any experience with the stud type, so I will not offer and assumptions for these.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=7945.0 and there are others that say they are not as safe and have a tendancy of breaking. That is what I have read about them. Are you saying that they dont break and what i have read is BUNK? or Are you saying that you have had good luck with them on a raptor 700? 1 of the site sponsors was against the use of them I think it was techquadshop if I remember right. PM him and see what the sposors say about them. Wouldnt they rather sell them than talk you out of them? and again that is WHAT I READ so unless you are reading over my shoulder BUNK this :doublebird:

Capt

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.