Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANY ONE USED WHEEL SPACERS. G-FORCE HAS A NEW REAR WHEEL HUB THAT GIVES YOU 3 INCHS WIDER IN THE BACK AND SPACERS THAT GIVE YOU 3 INCHS IN FRONT. OPINIONS PLEASE

·
Registered
123 Posts
they arent worth it imo cuz they cause a lot of long term damage. they add lots of stress to your suspension and everything will wear much faster. axle would be best.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
at the same time, I have a friend who has a 2000 400EX, hes run wheel spacers on it for the longest time, also races MX. I don't think he;s had a problem yet with em' :unsure:

·
Registered
36 Posts
G-Force makes extended wheel hubs:

Wheel hubs are made from forged aluminum to provide optimal weight savings, durability and great looks. · Replaces the stock wheel hubs and adds 45mm (1 3/4") width to each side of the axle (90mm or 3 1/2" total). · A better solution to wheel spacers…

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you do choose to use spacers or hubs as opposed to extended A-arms it would be ideal to adjust your shocks. The point where your shocks are recieving pressure stays the same but the origin of all the force (the wheels) is out further. To over exaggerate just imagine spacing them out a couple feet instead of inches. The further out you go the stiffer you're gonna wanna make the shocks to try and compensate somewhat. Like I said before, not the best way to go because of the added pressure to components but you can make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts