Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to widen my 660 and don't have alot of $. What do you guys think of wheel spacers with tensile strength of 180,000 psi ? Do you think they will hold up?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I like the g force hubs. Their only like $90, they look great and have worked amazingly well even when mxing.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I want to widen my 660 and don't have alot of $. What do you guys think of wheel spacers with tensile strength of 180,000 psi ? Do you think they will hold up?
What are they made of............

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Rear, yes. Front, no, IMO.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I ran front spacers for years on the front of my banshee and never had a problem it just handles like crap. The width didn't make up for the terrible handling. I don't know why I ran them after I took them off. I ran the cheap and unsafe spacers as everyone calls them that screw on to the studs. I would never do it again. Widening kits seem to be a better alternative and are not much more the some spacers or a used set of extended A-arms can be had cheap if you fast...

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
why is everybody saying not in the front why? what could possibly happen?
Exactly as dog says - 'it handles like crap' with spacers on the front.

Adding spacers to the front alters steering geometry - it moves the center of the wheels out from the center of steering, the spindle, effectively adding a lever between the wheel and the spindle... so when you hit a bump, rock, or anything with one front wheel, it transmits through that lever arm directly to the handle bars, and makes the quad 'squirrely' - attempting to turn every time one wheel hits something.

Extended a-arms or the a-arm widening kits leave this geometry the same as stock - wheel is still centered around the steering center - and so they have none of these issues.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
why is everybody saying not in the front why? what could possibly happen?
It can cause a lot of bump steering input, the tires will move back and forth and do not rotate on an axis anymore, we use this on our oval trackers to help with steering input, making the tire move out and around in a circle pattern when steering, this can help transfer weight under certain conditions, but it would be of no use on trails..............:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts