Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting a wheelie bar with wheels so I can cruise around while popping a wheelie in the dirt! Has anyone ever made one of these? I don't have the tools needed to make one or I would make one myself. If anyone has ever made one of these for a raptor 700 that works well, I'll pay you to make me one! PM me if your interested! I found a company in South Africa that makes them, but I don't trust them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am wanting a wheelie bar with wheels so I can cruise around while popping a wheelie in the dirt! Has anyone ever made one of these? I don't have the tools needed to make one or I would make one myself. If anyone has ever made one of these for a raptor 700 that works well, I'll pay you to make me one! PM me if your interested! I found a company in South Africa that makes them, but I don't trust them.

Thanks!
I'm not for sure on what would be the best but maybe, kinda like an extended grab bar with a single wheel on it would probably work. The tire would have a lil give for cushion and seems it would b a single and if and when it hit, it wouldn't throw you off like a double wheel might if it touched on uneven terrain. Just my thought.
But if it were me, I'd find a good total length on how long you'd want it, and take off the grab bar and go to a local weld shop in your area.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sure, if you want to hold off for about a month when my GF gets me a mig welder for my bday. Honestly thou if you don't mind your grab bar getn scratched up (probably could even rap some rubber around it so that it wouldn't), I would get some all thread throw a wheel on it, lock it in with some bolts and washers, then take it to a shop and have them put some 90 degree bends on it. Then attach it to your grab bar with double brackets on each side. That way you still can take it off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is a military base there where you live, you don't know anyone that works there? Military mechanics work hard when there is work to do but sit around when there isn't work. I've worked along side a bunch of military mechanics and most like to do stuff like that just to have something to work on.
Phone and friend or get on base and leave a note on some rednecks truck, they know how to get down on off roading.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok I'm trying to grasp this concept...basically you're wanting training wheels for wheelies? :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda, I just want to be able to pop up and ride wheelies without having to worry about keeping my balance. Makes it fun when you can sit back and cruise like that. I have seen videos and looks pretty fun haha

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heres mine. Attaches to stock swing arm and uses the swing arms shock. Works awsome. can set the hight about 1ft off the ground. pretty simple anyone can build it. I would but I am way too buisy right now.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking more of a grab bar with wheels so I could pop up and have the grab bar catch and it would roll.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Its not a wheelie....your just driving a three wheeler in reverse... practice your balance and it will be much more rewarding and cheaper....anyways they are called 12 bars because your bike is in the 12 o'clock position...here is one with skateboard wheels

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's what I'm talking about! I can ride wheelies but I just think that would be fun to have. Still open to someone making me one like that!

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I wouldnt attatch something like that to the 700 subframe. It is all aluminum and very lightweight, you would be putting a lot of strain and stress on the subframe with that and would be just asking for it to break. Something off of your swingarm would be better, a 2 or 3 point system from your rear bolts of the swinger and your lower or upper shock bolt, that went up at a steep angle and was only a few inches behind the centerline of your axle so you could rest on it and it would still be strong.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts