Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a certified yamaha dealer ship and asked about 660s and 700 raptors. and he said that I wouldnt want a 660 bc it would pop up every time I touched the gas. He said that when they made the 660s front ends were way to light so they are dangerous and that the 700s are safer.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I don't know if the 700 is "safer", but it is much more balanced in stock form. My 660 was a wheelie king. The 660 has a few more weighted items in the back of the bike at the subframe, and is a little taller and narrower than a 700. But I wouldn't call a 660 less safe, if you're an experienced rider you can get the same job done with either quads.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i find it almost impossible to wheelie mine unless i punch it in first...going less than 5mph

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yeah, agreed, I've got to make a conscious effort to wheelie mine. The power is definitely there, don't get me wrong, but I'm not scared that I'm going to go over backwards everytime I get on the gas. It also comes down to learning to ride your bike. Don't just jump on it and act like an idiot. Get to know it and learn the throttle response, and you won't have any issues. Respect the power and you will be a lot better off. If it makes you feel that much better, get a longer swinger too!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've got both quads. The 660 does wheelie easier but it doesn't make it more dangerous than the 700. The only time my 660 wheelies is when I tell it to. After a few rides you'll know what your horse can and will do if you make it. Just be carefull and ride within your limits now matter what quad you're on. If you flip backwards, most of the time it's because the rider made a mistake.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh i'm gonna be upgrading from a raptor 350 so I was just wondering if guy from the dealership was right.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Im 220/230 pounds, and my 700 will wheelie in first and 2nd if i give it like a dumbass, 3 rd gear i have to pull on the bars pretty good. You have to learn to gauge the power and know where to sit on the raptor. I sometimes give little rides to buds when they come and see me and it will wheelie very easily because of the weight. So just some common sense to use same as any other atv. Be carefull problems and accidents can happen quickly on these machines.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The 660 is back end heavy and the 700 is front end heavy. My 700 will come right with out any probems but the 660 is easier to bring up since it's lighter up front. Raptors need respect or they will bite you like this dumb ass and this is a 700. The 660 is still a good bike other wise no one would be riding them.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i think it's ridiculous to say the 700 is "safer" than the 660 due to wheeling. that guy probably hasn't ridden either quads. yes, the 660's front end seemed to come up easier, but not much more that the 700 would be safer.

the only time i noticed my 660 wheeling when i didn't really want it to was when i was in a low gear on a hill climb....but of course i'm a light-weight rider so putting my weight forward on a modded 660 on a hill climb didn't do much. i do think my 700 stays planted better though.

·
Registered
435 Posts
looks alochol related to...bottle of jack sittin on the table...plus looks like he dumped the clutch while reving it up

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Haha I never noticed the bottle. Or it could be there since they knew he was gonna bust his ass they had it ready for him. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
That's just a bunch of idiots in a garage. They had a video camera ready, you knew something bad was going to happen. What could the point possibly have been to wheelie in a 15 ft area? To show your friends you could do it? Okay. You're still an idiot. Now you're on youtube because you just flipped your bike like a moron.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I think i saw that one...(cant watch videos at work) Is this the one not wearing a helmet in the garage then the bike almost makes a 360 head over heels b-line for his head?

Stupid moron!!! Dosent that make us look good!!! [email protected]$$ i say!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Frenchie, you shoulda seen it, the guys on the video kept trying to get you NOT to try and wheelie your bike in the garage! Lol they said "NO FRENCHIE DON'T DO IT! WE BELIEVE YOU! YOU CAN WHEELIE! DON'T DO IT! NOT IN THE GARAGE!"

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
LMAO ya ya ya sure LOL...funny guy!!! :doublebird: LOL

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Lol sorry, had to!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
All good and i can sure take a joke LOL you little mother-tucker you LOL

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Haha, glad to hear it Frenchie, I know you will give as good as you get, so I've got my thick skin on, haha!

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
He simply wants to sell you a new 700... that's IT.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts