1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. got a 350 raptor..
been popping the bike up in 1st gear..
but i cant ride out the wheelie..

ok.. the people here with 350's.. whats the furthest u can ride out ur wheelie.. and in what gear also.. what tire pressure ?
wheeling on asphault that is..
not dirt..

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Re: Wheeling.

start out in 2nd..frist is to low whit stock gearin....i made it to 5th gear the other day..not sure how far i rode it...i run 3.0lbs in the front..in 2.5lbs in the rear.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
start out in 2nd..frist is to low whit stock gearin....i made it to 5th gear the other day..not sure how far i rode it...i run 3.0lbs in the front..in 2.5lbs in the rear.... :thumbsup:
hey bro..how much throttle do u give it in 2nd ?
as in.. do u jus go slow in second.. then yank it back ?
l

·
Registered
554 Posts

Just like Raptorboy said. 2nd gear rolling or stopped. 1/2 throttle as you let off of the clutch. You can do 1st gear but you have to get to the balance point fast with low speed.

Can go through the gears but usually run out of room and have to let the front end down. The biggest suggestion I can give is do not be afraid to go back further than you think you should. The balance point on the 350 is way back there, once there though the key is a smooth throttle thumb to hold it in the sweet spot. The 350 is nose biased, which makes it a great trail bike but makes wheelies a little harder.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

PaleRider said:
Just like Raptorboy said. 2nd gear rolling or stopped. 1/2 throttle as you let off of the clutch. You can do 1st gear but you have to get to the balance point fast with low speed.

Can go through the gears but usually run out of room and have to let the front end down. The biggest suggestion I can give is do not be afraid to go back further than you think you should. The balance point on the 350 is way back there, once there though the key is a smooth throttle thumb to hold it in the sweet spot. The 350 is nose biased, which makes it a great trail bike but makes wheelies a little harder.
thanks palerider.. i appreciate the tip

·
Registered
4,646 Posts

natzimus said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
hey bro..how much throttle do u give it in 2nd ?
as in.. do u jus go slow in second.. then yank it back ?
l
Yea about half throttle then i yank back on it...are i'll come to a stop..in give it about half thottle in let off the clutch like pelerider said...and some times i just put it 3rd in stand on the grab bar...im not really sure how far i can ride wheelie but anywherer from 150-200 feet..maybe a lil more then that not really sure tho..i started off in 1st in made to 5th the other day but i ran off the road so i had to put it down :(...i'm hopin to make it to 6th soon... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

this is like the start of ma wheelie..
then i ride it out for like 5 feet.. this is in 1st gear.. then i lose the lift..

what kinda damage i looking at from doin too many wheelies.. clutch wise that is ?

·
Registered
102 Posts

Lean back further. The balance point is WAY back there. You'll feel like you're gonna loop it, and you might, but like I said, lean back.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Oh, and most likely, your clutch will be fine. If not, just upgrade the plates, it's pretty cheap.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

donger.. chek this.. is this far back enough ???
side view..

i know what u talking about looping it.. will the grab bar at the back save me from flipping completely ?

·
Registered
25 Posts

The grab bar will keep you from flipping over but mine started to bend after the 3rd time I stood it up (on dirt). I suck at wheelies but this is my 1st quad and Im getting better.

·
Registered
554 Posts

This is one with my 2nd youngest daughter. Okay, first I know she does not have a helmet but she wanted one picture of herself to show her friends. Before I bought her her own quad, I could not go anywhere without her on there.

Anyways, this is how far back you need to be in order to have a nice balance point and ride it out. You can be lower but you need to be accelerating hard to hold it up. This far back you can go almost forever.

Hope that gives you a little help in seeing how far back we mean. And yes you are going to hit your grab bar at first!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

palerider.. i see now..
now i get a good idea.. i have not yet had such a lift yo..
but i will try it out..
i just worried about dropping on my back..

its pretty cool that ur daughter grew up in bikes.. lucky her..

·
Registered
35 Posts

yo, donger dude, that is SICK! lol
i've been trying to do wheelies too, and this is going to help me out tones.
thanks guys

·
Registered
102 Posts

ya, itll feel really uncomfortable at first cuz youll feel like your gonna slam that thing back.

·
Registered
35 Posts

and with all the shit i just put on my rappy, i can get the front end up in 3rd with a little help.
so you say 2.5 lbs in the back is better?
i've always felt myself spinning, but thought maybe that was too low.

·
Registered
841 Posts

Seein people rock lower gears slow shit is the best and the 350 is pimp for it....I can rock about a 3mph (straight creepin) wheelie forever....Not really into high gear fast wheelies (I also stunt motocycles and most of it is slow stuff)

Me on the gf's 350

·
Registered
4,646 Posts

The Donger said:
ya, itll feel really uncomfortable at first cuz youll feel like your gonna slam that thing back.
yup lol i rember when i frist started ridin wheelie i thought i was gonna flip my butt over ever time but i was on a banshee about 4 or 5 years ago...in this summer was my fris time ridin wheelie sice then...because i pulled my muscle 2 1/2 years ago in just got them well where i could start back doin this stuff...

·
Registered
35 Posts

have you ever had the quad roll back on you? i'm not scared to fall off, i just don't want this fuckin thing to be ontop of me lol

i guess what i'm asking is, can you stand the bike up by itself? or will it always fall foreward due to the heavy front?

·
Registered
841 Posts

Sircraigery said:
have you ever had the quad roll back on you? i'm not scared to fall off, i just don't want this fuckin thing to be ontop of me lol

i guess what i'm asking is, can you stand the bike up by itself? or will it always fall foreward due to the heavy front?
As far as rollin back on you, the grab bar will save you from that (depending if your runnin one and how fast your going, slow you should be alright) if anything you can bail (pretty easy to bail on a quad)

Yes you can stand the bike on by itself, if you catch idle from snap up it will carry you(if you set it up a lil).......it also sick to learn combos (from trick to trick)....my cousin stunts his quad Like I do a bike, kids pretty good Ill have to get some pics or vid up for you all

1 - 20 of 75 Posts