Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gytr filter and outerwear, how long (Hrs) before I should replace either I just cleaned them again and felt inside my filter intake and came out with a little bit of sand. I really don't like the idea of sand and dirt filling my piston and causeing problems. Is there some kind of test or rule of thumb to say when to replace? thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's just been too long since my last cleaning, cause not that much oil came off when I cleaned it, could that be it? Just need to get off my ass and clean and oil it more often. It has been awhile.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeah bro, you need to keep that stuff clean and oiled. nothing crazy like after every ride, but i would say at least every three if not every other. but thats just me

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It depends on the conditions you ride in, if you ride in a really dusty area (desert or something) every ride is what I would be doing.. :confused: If conditions are not to bad then every couple rides..

When I was riding MX bikes we would scrub down the bikes after every ride and check them over then change out the filter to a clean one..I'm not quite that anal with the quad... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
379 Posts
My understanding is that cotton type filters work more effectively when carrying a bit of dirt. They moreso require cleaning when they get too dirty causing a clogging effect which reduces your air intake.

Cleaning them too regularly will just reduce their life and cost you money in recharger kits.

I ride dusty tracks and do mine about every 10 hours along with the oil change. I will clean the outerwear every couple of rides however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts