Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Re: When I drive I notice my front right wheel kinda wobbles... How can I fix it

Your wheel rim is probably bent.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Find out why your wheel wobbles and replace the parts.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i just think its funny when people get on here and are like, "my engine makes noise, whats wrong with it?"

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: When I drive I notice my front right wheel kinda wobbles... How can I fix it

But no, for real. My engine makes a funny noise. What could that be?

Get your front tire off the ground and grab your wheel with both hands and wiggle it. Look and listen to where the clicking and wobble comes from. Could be wheel bearings and it could be slop in the a-arms. Your front wheel could be kinda bent too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am new to this stuff... I asked it in such simple terms thinking maybe theres something that goes wrong with the wheel thats common... you could sit here and be a cock to me all day... but I dont really know what that proving...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Your question was far to vague, details are good. Such as what you've done to help youself. Or asking if there is an issue with a particular piece that might cause this.
Be specific and grow a thicker skin.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
firstraptor said:
Your question was far to vague, details are good. Such as what you've done to help youself. Or asking if there is an issue with a particular piece that might cause this.
Be specific and grow a thicker skin.
No one is trying to make fun of you, I was making fun of people in general. Either way, the question you asked was really vague and you didn't really do anything to help yourself figure it out. We are way more willing to help you, when you narrow down the possibilities and help yourself.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm not as good with the fronts cause theres more up there but when the back wobbles i jack it up and spin the tire. If the hub runs true its not the axle. If the rim wobbles its the rim. But thats for the rear. Always check the lug nuts though. I noticed a small rattle when I was rolling and it was the washer moving around between the rim and lug, OOPS!

·
Registered
569 Posts

I still say put a jack or bucket under the front end. Grab a tire and start wiggling it all around. A buddy has a YFZ with a scary front tire wobble with a clicking noise and it turns out his a-arm bushings (whatever it has) are worn out. You gotta get it up in the air and put your eyeball on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It wobbles when i jack it up and move it... it has some play but the other wheel doesn't... Does this usually mean its a bushing?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Check the nut on the axle, it should be tight.
If it is pull the hub off the axle and you'll be able to stick a finger inside to the bearing and turn them, if they feel rough or lumpy you've found the problem.
Actually if the nut is loose you should probably do this.
The nut on the spildle should be torqued to 50 ftlbs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

So I took the wheel apart, I have found out that I need to replace the upper A-Arm bushings... My main question is that I took apart the front wheel to get to the bearings inside and found out that the bearings come apart... Is that bad? the inside of the bearing comes out and the outside of it stays in the wheel hub... but the part that stays in has a rubber all around it so the balls in it are not visible... I am not too knowledged when it comes to this stuff so I dont know if thats abnormal or not for the inside part to come out...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Bearings shouldn't come apart.
The hub is assembled with seals outside of each bearing and a spacer in between the bearings. Are you sure your not looking at the seal itself?
Can you get a picture of the part of the bearing that comes out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts